• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

First suspected pen was the right call IMO has the player had already left his feet to go to ground.

Second one was butchered IMO and should have been a pen.

Second no pen was a crime, Mossy should be headed to white collar prison, instead he’s going to be the new head of PL officials.

Just shocking. There’s going to be Donaheay style documentary on this 10 years from now. Something is going on.

I love the Brasky both thinks it's all fixed and is dialed in live to the Championship playoff final

Gooner, couldn't you make the same argument about Bowen? Antonio isn't exactly prolific and Yarmo hardly scored in the league

Anyway, with Ralf leaving United, the club essentially hired a consultant as the first team manager, which he failed at as he wasn't hired to be manager or given input as the manager, and then showed him the door moments before his consultancy role began after he pointed out some shortcomings publicly. This is the most Glazer owned Manchester United thing ever.
Embarrassing.

So I was traveling back from Dallas yesterday and sadly missed the Championship final. What happened - sounds like Huddersfield got screwed?

Brasky coming down on victim culture after a season of the refs are bought and paid for is peak Brasky.

So I was traveling back from Dallas yesterday and sadly missed the Championship final. What happened - sounds like Huddersfield got screwed?

Forest were the better team by some distance imo but there were two no calls on potential penalties in the second half that were obviously critical. I agree with DeacMan that the first was the right call since the Huddersfield player left his feet and was going down regardless of the contact, but the second was a bad miss by the ref. Paul Tierney, who I tend to think is amongst the worst refs in the premier league, was the VAR.

Forest were the better team by some distance imo but there were two no calls on potential penalties in the second half that were obviously critical. I agree with DeacMan that the first was the right call since the Huddersfield player left his feet and was going down regardless of the contact, but the second was a bad miss by the ref. Paul Tierney, who I tend to think is amongst the worst refs in the premier league, was the VAR.
Thanks. Glad to see Forest return to the top flight. All we need is Coventry to return and it'll be the 70s all over again

I love the Brasky both thinks it's all fixed and is dialed in live to the Championship playoff final

Same reason I watched WWF in the 90’s, riveting scripted drama.

But John Moss is a fucking arrogant clown who deserves 3-5 years for fraud. That second penalty was clear as fucking day.

Last edited:
The big issue with the second no call was that they didn't even appear to review it on VAR. FWIW, Twellman is a fucking idiot at times. He was more upset about the first no call than the second because the ball was a bit away from the offensive player. Uh, he had a much better chance to get on that ball than the first guy did who had already started his dive when the contact came, Taylor. And the Forest player went straight through the back of the player's leg.

On balance I thought Forest were the better team on the day. Pretty cool to have them back. They should be required to all have mullets.

United making a move towards signing C Eriksen on a free.

I don't hate that idea...

United making a move towards signing C Eriksen on a free.

I don't hate that idea...

Its quite possibly the last position of need they have. Maybe Bruno and Eriksen can fit together but why not fill the other gaps first?

Its quite possibly the last position of need they have. Maybe Bruno and Eriksen can fit together but why not fill the other gaps first?

a free transfer for a rotation player won't really impact using the transfer funds elsewhere, I don't think.

and I think Eriksen would play more of an 8 than Bruno in EtH's system

Back