• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Hell, why not Conte? Took over a mess which had seen 4 managers in, what, 3 years, and guided them back to the Champions League. Defense improved, offense nearly doubled in output and Spurs picked up the 3rd most points in the league after his appointment.

Nottingham Forest playing for promotion to the EPL this weekend. It's been a very long time in the wilderness for a club that won two European Cups back in the late 70's/early 80's.

Clough was a genius of his time

Check out Nobody Ever Says Thank You - a biography on him if you're into biographies. Great read.

La Cucaracha is a good player for sure and this likely would mean Zinchenko is leaving, no? Don't think City need 3 good left-backs - unless Pep plans to permanently move Zinchenko to the midfield with Fernandinho leaving, of course.

I don't think you'll get Zinchenko out of City for another decade, whether he gets games or not. He'll dig in and spend years trying to prove himself over and over again to Pep. My money is on him staying in the rotation somwhere in that side for a long time.

Another guy who's already on City's books is Julian Alvarez (on loan at River). I think he's 21 about to turn 22. Anyway, he's always reminded me of a combo platter between Di Maria and Gonzalo Higuain (before all the weight gain) at the same age. He may take some time to settle in, but he's already been called into the senior team for Argentina (and impressed in limited time). Maybe he sticks as a squad player immediately but I wouldn't be surprised if he spends a year across the channel somewhere to get his Euro legs.

Anyway, he posted six goals last night in River's Libertadores game vs. AL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJrW1BUab5M

Last edited:
I don't think you'll get Zinchenko out of City for another decade, whether he gets games or not. He'll dig in and spend years trying to prove himself over and over again to Pep. My money is on him staying in the rotation somwhere in that side for a long time.

Funnily enough, Arsenal of all teams are rumored today to be in for him

Funnily enough, Arsenal of all teams are rumored today to be in for him

I think there are significantly higher odds Arsenal gets Jesus. Guy just turned 25 a month ago, so whoever lands him is getting a guy who is just moving into his prime.

Read two quotes this morning from City staff that suggest Guardiola thinks Alvarez is ready now (Gallardo clearly does) and there are low odds he will go out on loan.

Zinchencko has a lot of time let on his deal so that ends up upping the fee relative to other options. Could see things with Zinchencko going either way.

Also, quite a bit of chatter about the possibility of Newcastle going hard for Neymar - a Robinho move on steroids if that happens to kick off their long-term ambitions.

I think there are significantly higher odds Arsenal gets Jesus. Guy just turned 25 a month ago, so whoever lands him is getting a guy who is just moving into his prime.

Read two quotes this morning from City staff that suggest Guardiola thinks Alvarez is ready now (Gallardo clearly does) and there are low odds he will go out on loan.

Zinchencko has a lot of time let on his deal so that ends up upping the fee relative to other options. Could see things with Zinchencko going either way.

Also, quite a bit of chatter about the possibility of Newcastle going hard for Neymar - a Robinho move on steroids if that happens to kick off their long-term ambitions.

I think Jesus is all but a done deal, just have to negotiate City down from the ridiculous $55M initial valuation reported. Zinchenko is only possible if he wants to move back into midfield badly enough to give up the automatic trophies that playing City offers him. Apparently he loves City and wouldn’t just leave to leave, but I guess we will see.

Not sure that's a done deal. City would only have just begun to listen on any offers and Arsenal has no CL to offer Jesus. Guy is Brazilian which ups the odds of mutual interest involving teams in Spain and Italy as well. And I could see other EPL teams stirring the pot on him as well - why wouldn't Tottenham poke around for instance.

Clear pen there, that fat ass Moss refuses to go to the VAR and embarrass himself

Fire them all

It’s so bad it has to crooked, no other explanation

Last edited:

Last edited:
Ivan Perisić to Spurs soon on a 2-year deal. He's old but apparently hasn't lost a step. Settles the LWB until Sess is fully ready and he's already played under Conte. Great news.

Back