• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

They goals he scored aren't necessarily outside the "donkey" spectrum but hey, he scored four times against a CL squad in a preseason friendly.

FIFY

And I think Darwin will have matches where he puts the ball in the net but then he'll pull a Lukaku and miss a sitter or two in a close game or not even get a shot off because his first touch lets him down.

FIFY

And I think Darwin will have matches where he puts the ball in the net but then he'll pull a Lukaku and miss a sitter or two in a close game or not even get a shot off because his first touch lets him down.

I thought he was generally impressive against Liverpool last year but other than that, I haven't seen him play much and don't really have a good sense of how good he will be. I do like that his presence gives Klopp the option of a more traditional 9 when he feels it's needed.

FIFY

So he'll score some but miss others? Got it.

I think he'll be an excellent forward for Liverpool. Tough to live up to big transfer fees but I'm backing him to do it.

FIFY

His first touch is nothing what the twitter world makes it out to be. Albeit, his control is very average. He’s going struggle against elite defensive teams. Moreover, his dribbling seems to be a little heavy ahead quite often. However, everyone said similar things with Salah at Roma. “He misses sitters, his touch deceives him, he doesn’t rely enough on his shot.” Nunez won’t be Salah, but he’s 23. I think he’ll be fine, but I don’t think I’m ready to ink him in with the XI, especially after the way Bobby played today.

My bigger concern with Nunez is his pressing is awful. He’s relying too much on speed and not on actual positioning. He’s about to be in a world on hurt with Klopp “real” pre-season beginning soon. Hopefully it’ll click.

His first touch is nothing what the twitter world makes it out to be. Albeit, his control is very average. He’s going struggle against elite defensive teams. Moreover, his dribbling seems to be a little heavy ahead quite often. However, everyone said similar things with Salah at Roma. “He misses sitters, his touch deceives him, he doesn’t rely enough on his shot.” XYZ won’t be Salah, but he’s 23. I think he’ll be fine, but I don’t think I’m ready to ink him in with the XI, especially after the way Bobby played today.

My bigger concern with XYZ is his pressing is awful. He’s relying too much on speed and not on actual positioning.

Did you just describe Lukaku or Darwin?

Ronaldo to Atleti rumors just keep popping up and now even saying he would take a pay cut to join them.

Is this another stunt to get a former club (Real Madrid) to move for him to not let him join a rival club or would Ronaldo really make that switch?

Fantastic player, but I'm ready to start fresh up top under the new manager so want United to sell him.

Rumors starting to re-swirl around about Antony following Lisandro over to United from Ajax. He is a very trickery player and I really rate him, but not sure that is where the club should be spending money. Never a bad thing to have multiple attacking options, of course, but there is still a massive gap in quality in our midfield compared to Liverpool and Man City. I know the Frenkie situation is at a stalled state and all but I wouldn't even think wide-forward was need number 2 or 3 this window, especially with Cavani gone and Ronaldo wanting out. Maybe Martial and Rashford to split time at the 9 and 11 with Elanga spelling minutes at each?

No se...

Rumors starting to re-swirl around about Antony following Lisandro over to United from Ajax. He is a very trickery player and I really rate him, but not sure that is where the club should be spending money. Never a bad thing to have multiple attacking options, of course, but there is still a massive gap in quality in our midfield compared to Liverpool and Man City. I know the Frenkie situation is at a stalled state and all but I wouldn't even think wide-forward was need number 2 or 3 this window, especially with Cavani gone and Ronaldo wanting out. Maybe Martial and Rashford to split time at the 9 and 11 with Elanga spelling minutes at each?

No se...

As much as you're desperate to see United improve the midfield, you're probably better off not settling for a plan B guy if you can't get FDJ. There might be short term pain in waiting but rather get the right guy later on and not settle for someone now if it's not the right guy.

now United linked with FM LEGEND Sesko from RB Salzburg. 6'4" Slovenian striker that actually had decent feet for such a big dude (at least in the highlight videos). All I know is that the dude becomes a goal machine in FM so he's clearly the best striker in the world.

best striker in that friendly got the only goal

Last edited:
not a bad highlight reel for 45 mins of football against Liverpool

jesus that move on the sidelines at the end of the clip

Joe Gomez not covering himself in glory in those clips, is he?

Mendes has apparently offered Ronaldo to Napoli on loan. Let's just do that and get Osimhen coming to Manchester via a loan as well. The two clubs can figure out how to work the wages to keep all parties happy.
Ronaldo goes to a CL side. Napoli get a guy that will bag 20+ goals. Osimhen doesn't get frozen out due to Ronaldo coming. United get a good modern striker that likes to be direct and is deadly on the counter.

I mean, this makes sense, right? Or am I crazy?

Mendes has apparently offered Ronaldo to Napoli on loan. Let's just do that and get Osimhen coming to Manchester via a loan as well. The two clubs can figure out how to work the wages to keep all parties happy.
Ronaldo goes to a CL side. Napoli get a guy that will bag 20+ goals. Osimhen doesn't get frozen out due to Ronaldo coming. United get a good modern striker that likes to be direct and is deadly on the counter.

I mean, this makes sense, right? Or am I crazy?

He may not have other options but you do have to wonder whether Ronaldo would settle for going to a team that doesn't really have a legit chance to challenge for the CL.

I don't think Mendes would have offered him to Napoli (if reports are to be believed) without first speaking to his client if the club would be an acceptable destination, no?

Lovely debut from Dwight McNeil, gets a goal in his 25 min against Dynamo Kiev in the final preseason match

Tarkowski, McNeil, Vinagre isn’t the sexiest summer but they all seem useful

Still desperately need a midfielder who can progress the ball

Back