• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

United officially announce Eriksen. Expected to announce Martinez soon. Finally some decent signings. Gonna be interesting to see how United lines up next season, especially if FdJ is completed (which I am doubtful of).

United officially announce Eriksen. Expected to announce Martinez soon. Finally some decent signings. Gonna be interesting to see how United lines up next season, especially if FdJ is completed (which I am doubtful of).

What kind of formation did ETH typically use at Ajax? I am curious about how Bruno and Ericksen fit together.

What kind of formation did ETH typically use at Ajax? I am curious about how Bruno and Ericksen fit together.

Pretty standard Dutch 4-3-3 typically with one holding mid as a 'windshield wiper' in front of the back 4 allowing the outside backs to go forward as the attack develops. Both FBs don't typically go forward at the same time but it has happened to overload the opposition at times.

I could see Eriksen replacing Pogba as an 8 with an energetic 6 next to him (Fred or McTominay both work their socks off) or he moves out to the left like Tadic did at Ajax on the right sometimes as an inverted winger and squeezes the pitch allowing Shaw/Telles/Malacia more space to exploit down the flank.

From what I've seen of ten Hag's tactics is that he likes to overload areas to create imbalances in the defense where opportunities can arise. So I wouldn't be surprised to see fast attackers at striker and RW to compensate for Eriksen starting at LW and drifting in as a 2nd 10 creating alongside Bruno.

It *could* work brilliantly. Or it *could* be a case of too many chefs in the kitchen. What gives me hope tho is that Eriksen and Bruno are very different playmakers. Bruno likes to try the audacious and unpredictable, whereas Eriksen is more reserved and calculated in his passing options.

I think the signing was a masterstroke. And if FdJ signs? Then options for days.

Was at the Arsenal-Everton friendly in Baltimore last night. Reported 40k numbers but that would surprise me. Definitely at least a 5-1 and probably a 10-1 ratio of Arsenal: Everton fans.

Arsenal passed well and pressed well and scored two in the first half that were defensive lapses for Everton, one set piece and one that young Patterson just got destroyed by Gab Jesus. Second half Everton played youth and reserves and actually looked quite a bit better. Lacked for quality but some of the youth looked very promising, especially the reserve keeper. The second team looked a lot better in midfield than Davies-Doucoure-Dele too.

No ESR for Arsenal, a couple big names missing for Everton, but overall the stars shone. Saka was immense. Jesus looks like a good signing, took his chances very well with a goal and an assist.

You can’t make any definitive conclusions from one half of a preseason friendly but Jesus/Saka looks promising as a tandem.

Also reports are that Arsenal and City are agreed on a £30M fee for Zinchenko and personal terms are close to complete, could be done before the next set of friendlies in Florida. I’m super excited, I love Zinchenko, seems that Arteta prefers him in midfield and only as LB cover for the inevitable 5 game Tierney absence each half of the season.

Reports indicate that both Tyler Adams and Brenden Aaronson played well for Leeds in Australia yesterday against Villa. Between them and Jack, it will help ease the blow as Everton again fight relegation this year.

You can’t make any definitive conclusions from one half of a preseason friendly but Jesus/Saka looks promising as a tandem.

Also reports are that Arsenal and City are agreed on a £30M fee for Zinchenko and personal terms are close to complete, could be done before the next set of friendlies in Florida. I’m super excited, I love Zinchenko, seems that Arteta prefers him in midfield and only as LB cover for the inevitable 5 game Tierney absence each half of the season.

Zinchenko bossed the midfield for Ukraine in their WC qualifiers against Scotland and Wales

Zinchenko bossed the midfield for Ukraine in their WC qualifiers against Scotland and Wales

A potential starting midfielder and above average LB cover for 30M is an absolute steal, especially after you guys priced out of Martinez (though it sounds like Martinez was pretty ambivalent about any plans to play at LB anyway). Add in that Zinchenko won't need any PL adaptation period and could slot in day 1 + he's already in America for preseason and can just fly to Florida and begin training once the papers are signed, this is about as ideal a backup transfer plan as I could hope for.

Zinchenko looked amazing in WCQ - I think he'll end up a steal as a CM.

We've signed a complete psychopath and I'm here for it.

"Yes, I am called The Butcher of Amsterdam. We Argentines do everything with passion - and when I go out on the pitch, I fight for every ball. If I have to step over dead bodies, I WILL DO IT. "I want to win every 50-50 situation because I know that I am FIGHTING FOR FOOD for every member of my family and friends. It is the kind of motivation I cannot explain".
-Lisandro Martinez aka...

challenge-gangsof-new-york.gif

We've signed a complete psychopath and I'm here for it.

"Yes, I am called The Butcher of Amsterdam. We Argentines do everything with passion - and when I go out on the pitch, I fight for every ball. If I have to step over dead bodies, I WILL DO IT. "I want to win every 50-50 situation because I know that I am FIGHTING FOR FOOD for every member of my family and friends. It is the kind of motivation I cannot explain".
-Lisandro Martinez aka...

challenge-gangsof-new-york.gif

Marcos Rojo vibes!

Rojo with a footballing brain is something I've seen thrown around on Twitter about Lisandro

Rojo was just a maniac with little idea of what to actually do on a football pitch.

Zinchenko to Arsenal confirmed per Ornstein and Fabrizio. Two summers in a row of Arsenal making smart transfer decisions, I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop. This is Arsenal, competence only lasts for so long with us.

Manchester United are close to signing Jonathan Clauss for €7m. [@le10sport]

His brother Chris better give him some time off during their busy Christmas season considering the fixture congestion. ....I'll get my coat.

Decided to make my return from the dead to casually mention that Chelsea just lost on penalties again.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back