• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-images.sportbible.com%2Fs3%2Fcontent%2F5751dbf060434ef54afe950f387d3fc7.png

No handball. Please tell me how many more times PL refs can fuck Arsenal this season.

Probably about as many times as Xhaka will..

Probably can’t defend like this for 90 minutes haha

I don't mind Karen Carney on the broadcast. Apparently she's been commenting on games, including EPL, on Amazon Prime and BT since 2019 but I hadn't heard her until now.

I don't mind Karen Carney on the broadcast. Apparently she's been commenting on games, including EPL, on Amazon Prime and BT since 2019 but I hadn't heard her until now.

She’s been solid, as has the color man who’s name escapes me. They’ve been far better than Tyler and Beglin.

As to the game, Chelsea has been much better than us. Although Richarlison had been wasteful with two big opportunities, both played in by Siggy. I’ll be shocked if we one goal, no chance we we get two.

The goal was Europe this season, and 5th/6th is still on.

I don't see what the plan is to ever get on the ball with Gomes and Sigurdsson in this team against a top half or even decent passing side. Neither of them are ever breaking up play, and Gomes struggles to make simple, short passes to feet. Sigurdsson can unlock a team if he's got time on the ball or receives it already facing goal but he's largely too slow to contribute from anything but dead ball situations. The two of them need replacing. I don't really understand why you play both of them if Tom Davies is available; at most one is needed. Doucoure would have helped today, we're putting a lot of pressure on Allan to do all the defensive heavy lifting in the midfield.

Totally Unofficial 2020/21 Premier League Thread (NWT)

I don't see what the plan is to ever get on the ball with Gomes and Sigurdsson in this team against a top half or even decent passing side. Neither of them are ever breaking up play, and Gomes struggles to make simple, short passes to feet. Sigurdsson can unlock a team if he's got time on the ball or receives it already facing goal but he's largely too slow to contribute from anything but dead ball situations. The two of them need replacing. I don't really understand why you play both of them if Tom Davies is available; at most one is needed. Doucoure would have helped today, we're putting a lot of pressure on Allan to do all the defensive heavy lifting in the midfield.

Doucoure being out injured and Davies coming back from a minor injury is the answer to your question. James out. Mina out. Coleman out. So unless you’re starting Bernard and King that’s basically all of our first team players.

Gomes is a luxury third MF that you play against teams who will bunker against you. He’s statistically one of the worst defensive midfielders in world football.

Siggy and his wasted two key passes did what was expected of him today. He can play the #10 in a MF diamond just fine. Of course that’s the only role he can play.

Last edited:
pulisic just the time wasting sub today :(

penalty notwithstanding, feels like pickford still had a very good game?

I would understand if POTS went to someone on the eventual champions, such as KDB. Or if Spurs don't finish top-4. However, my dude is killing it this year. Fernandes' numbers in particular are inflated by PKs.

Goals
1. Salah 17
2. Kane 16
2. Fernandes 16
63. De Bruyne 3

Non-Penalty Goals
1. Kane 13
1. Son 13
1. DCL 13
11. Fernandes 8 (that's right, 8 from open play and 8 from PK)
120. De Bruyne 1

Assists
1. Kane 13
2. De Bruyne 11
3. Fernandes 10

G+A/90 (min 1,500 minutes
1. Kane 1.2
2. Fernandes 0.99
3. Son 0.85
9. De Bruyne 0.72

npG+A/90 (min 1,500 minutes)
1. Kane 1.07
2. Son 0.85
3. Grealish 0.73
5. Fernandes 0.68
8. De Bruyne 0.62

WhoScored Rating
1. Kane 7.81
2. Grealish 7.73
3. Fernandes 7.50
4. De Bruyne 7.50

penalty notwithstanding, feels like pickford still had a very good game?

Highest rated Toffee on FotMob even with the PK foul. He kept it from being 5-0. Thought his distribution was solid too.

As for Puli, get my man a summer loan to Everton. He’s exactly the type of pacy, direct attacker we need. Don Carlo will love him.

KDB and Bruno Fernandes have to be above him.

2020/21 SeasonBruno FernandesKevin De BruyneHarry Kane
Matches Played282225
Minutes Played237217492183
Goals16316
Assists101113
Non-Penalty Goals8113
Goals/Assists per 900.990.721.2
Non-Penalty xG5.66.511.5
npxG + xA1514.617.8
Shots on Target %36.4%27.8%36.6%
Goals - xG3.5-5.82.2
Team Goal +/-+27+18+22
Team Goal +/- per 90 (On pitch minus off pitch)
+3.46-1.29+2.36
xG +/-+13.6+18.7+9.9
xG +/- per 90 (On pitch minus off pitch)
+2.36-0.53+2.05

Bruno and Kane are statistically much more important to their clubs than KDB (via on/off numbers).

KDB would be in the discussion for those that believe in the "best player on the best team" deserves the MVP argument. Not sure KDB should be in the discussion if we are only looking at the stats to date.

Last edited:
JLingzzzz tearing Leeds' defense apart and drawing penalties

Up to the spot for JLingz. Effort saved but he puts in the rebound! JESSE!

Clearly Jesse just wanted to up his "left-footed" goals stat. Clever boy.

That ball in by Cresswell was as gorgeous as the Leeds set piece defending was calamitous.

Hammers ROS schedule looks decent, some toughies some gimmies. Defs didn't expect this at the start of the szn

Back