• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

I honestly cannot begin to fathom how Sky Sports and BT Sport have apparently no pundits who look at that and see what everyone else sees, a clear penalty. It was a reckless challenge that didn't come close to the ball, it's a foul 100/100 times regardless of the whiffed shot right before. If it was the reverse and David Luiz clattered into Harry Kane like that, they'd have been calling for a straight red (and probably got it).

I honestly cannot begin to fathom how Sky Sports and BT Sport have apparently no pundits who look at that and see what everyone else sees, a clear penalty. It was a reckless challenge that didn't come close to the ball, it's a foul 100/100 times regardless of the whiffed shot right before. If it was the reverse and David Luiz clattered into Harry Kane like that, they'd have been calling for a straight red (and probably got it).

tumblr_o8hn0kJfqU1v1zngbo1_540.gif

Eh, I don't think he's totally wrong though. That said, Kane wouldn't have whiffed on that and then, since he scores, there's no penalty and potentially only a yellow for Luiz going in with a typical reckless Luiz tackle.

Eh, I don't think he's totally wrong though. That said, Kane wouldn't have whiffed on that and then, since he scores, there's no penalty and potentially only a yellow for Luiz going in with a typical reckless Luiz tackle.

It literally cannot be a goal scoring opportunity if they ball was already kicked away from the attacker.

However, 50/50 chance that Sideshow Bob puts his studs into Kane's neck in this hypothetical. So I see your point and rescind my previous oh brother gif. Apologies, Goonzy.

Another match, another round of praise for Mane staying on his feet in the box while getting fouled.

the problem is the application of the rule, not Mane

For sure, just pointing it out. He still should have scored and it certainly wasn’t enough contact to make him go down (he wasn’t phased) but it definitely would’ve been a pen if he just fell over.

I missed the NLD due to being in the mountains. Just watched the replay and holy hell was that a tilt. Happy with the win, even though it easily could have been Totty by two goals. Ødegaard is the real deal. I'm so glad he found his form this quickly. Now if we can just find a way to keep him...

I missed the NLD due to being in the mountains. Just watched the replay and holy hell was that a tilt. Happy with the win, even though it easily could have been Totty by two goals. Ødegaard is the real deal. I'm so glad he found his form this quickly. Now if we can just find a way to keep him...

....are we the same person

A happily boring first half for Arsenal. One heart in mouth moment (wouldn't be Arsenal if there weren't) but Olympiakos look super passive for a team that needs three goals to advance. They'll have to come out and attack in the second half and I think we will have an opportunity to seal the deal completely, but if it just peters out to a drab 0-0, I'll be happy with that as well.

Strong XI for United. Ole clearly going for it down in Milan. Pogba on the bench, as is Zlatan for the home side.

I could see this going so many different ways but I'll stick my neck out and predict a 2-1 United win. :noidea:

Maybe if spurs drop out to Zagreb, it'll signal the end of Mourinho.

I feel kinda like I did during the latter half of the Manning era. No real hope of accomplishing anything so I'll save my emotional involvement until we hire a new manager.

Back