• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Given all we know about xG and its limitations etc., I was still quite surprised to see Brighton at 5th in the EPL in expected points this season (via Understat), slightly ahead of Leicester and behind Pool and ahead of Spurs in both xG and xPTS. They're running -15 goals and -22 points compared to their expected totals, both most in the league. I wouldn't mind giving Graham Potter an all-around talent upgrade (not to mention some world-class attackers) and see what he can do. Spurs are running +10 goals scored vs. xG, btw.

I watched them more early in the season, but BHA looked kinda good

feels like that matches up with the stats here and bad luck

Hahaha

Scousers.
11b40e0189450245eec0375aabe1782b.jpg

I watched them more early in the season, but BHA looked kinda good

feels like that matches up with the stats here and bad luck

Maybe. But the stats dorks lose me when they start saying a team was unlucky with finishing all season. No they weren't. They are just bad at finishing, which is the fault of the players and the manager. Also, they got better looks than most teams because opposing teams knew they wouldn't be punished for taking more risks and being more open against them.

Not calling you out or anything like that Juice, those types of comments just bother me. XG doesn't live in a bubble.

What could be going on right now that might discourage large crowds from congregating in the streets for a title that they essentially won two months ago :noidea:

If your point is that ManU has more glory hunting simpletons supporting it, who would show up to like 5 parades in a row, then nobody is arguing against you.

Your fan base likes shiny things and being told how special they are

if they had huge crowds out celebrating would you be saying "gee look at all these bandwagon fans. didn't know City had that many fans."?

That Man United victory parade photo is surprisingly high quality, given how old it is

Klopp on Man United's team selection vs. Leicester:

It was the lineup I expected.

They play Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday - it is a crime. It is not the fault of Solksjaer. Would I have done the same? Yes. You have to.

If we don't qualify to the Champions League, it is not the fault of Ole Gunnar Solksjaer's team selection. It is just how it is.

why is the street blocked off like 50 feet behind the bus and another 50 feet behind that?

They play Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday - it is a crime. It is not the fault of Solksjaer. Would I have done the same? Yes. You have to.

If we don't qualify to the Champions League, it is not the fault of Ole Gunnar Solksjaer's team selection. It is just how it is.

Good answer. Maybe he's finally growing out of his "teenage" phase.

good man

Back