• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021 European Championship Thread (NWT)

tenor.gif

No, looked like he asked grealish to take the sixth or seventh, assuming it would get there. Southgate told something to grealish specifically as he was handing out the kicking order assignments and grealish nodded looking satisfied

No, looked like he asked grealish to take the sixth or seventh, assuming it would get there. Southgate told something to grealish specifically as he was handing out the kicking order assignments and grealish nodded looking satisfied

if thats true that it is truly asinine by Southgate

you put your top 5 takers in the top 5 spots. So either Southgate tried to outsmart the room or he geniunely thinks Saka is a better taker than Grealish. Neither option is all that promising

Also, Southgate showed zero confidence in Rashford or Sancho all tournament then chucks them on with under a minute to play so they are cold for the penalty shootout. It's just horrible management from a mediocre, at best, manager.

you put your top 5 takers in the top 5 spots. So either Southgate tried to outsmart the room or he geniunely thinks Saka is a better taker than Grealish. Neither option is all that promising

Also, Southgate showed zero confidence in Rashford or Sancho all tournament then chucks them on with under a minute to play so they are cold for the penalty shootout. It's just horrible management from a mediocre, at best, manager.
Shocking. World class talent sat unused for most of the tournament and final.

Agree

Agree

Was just able to watch the match. Sucks but my first thought upon the end of the shootout was that I hope Rashford, Sancho, and Saka don't receive a ton of online racial abuse for missing kicks... but of course they will. Perhaps I should instead hope that the perpetrators are heavily punished.

So many poor decisions from Southgate

They tried to sit in after a second minute goal and made baffling sub after baffling sub. Henderson for Rice was particularly bad.

Bummed for Pickford who had a very good tournament and final, bummed for the young players Southgate set up to fail, but there’s always the World Cup. Italy is probably the best team on form in the world though.

You just made a point to show some poor management from Southgate!

Lol
Exactly, what's confusing to you? Italy was a better team today, but Southgate is worthless. It doesn't make sense to you that I can believe one team was better but that the other losing team was mismanaged?

So many poor decisions from Southgate

They tried to sit in after a second minute goal and made baffling sub after baffling sub. Henderson for Rice was particularly bad.

Bummed for Pickford who had a very good tournament and final, bummed for the young players Southgate set up to fail, but there’s always the World Cup. Italy is probably the best team on form in the world though.

Rice was sucking wind, someone had to come on for him.

Putting Saka in the five slot is criminal. If you want him taking a PK then it’s first/second or else ninth. Feel really bad for him.

England deserved what they got. I thought Chiesa was the best player on the pitch, and England did little to take advantage after he went down early in extra time. Italy was the better team in the 2nd half and OT. And when it went to PKs, I just had to laugh, especially when Southgate had 2 guys who had barely played and the youngest guy on the team taking PKs. And I agree that Pickford more than did his part.

Seems like a lot the stories this morning are about English fan behavior and the racism directed toward the players following the loss.

I have a hard time seeing how England gets the 2030 World Cup now. Well, unless they just pay the right bribes, of course. I mean it is FIFA we're talking about.

Back