• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2022/23 Premier League Thread

https://twitter.com/mikedonttwit/status/1566486563919482880?s=21&t=mGSjbmaE4KQxCTcLuh6x4A

Not only is Lee Dixon a shit commentator, he’s a climate change denier. LOL what a fucking clown.
Yeah, that was bad, but people can be stupid/ignorant in all walks of life. Science isn't Dixons forte.

But what just made me wonder how these clowns get paid to comment on football was Mustoe at HT on the overturned Martinelli goal.

"Was it a foul? Yeah, obviously Odegaard didnt win the ball. But was it a clear and obvious error during the match from the referee? I'm not so sure and I think Arsenal can feel hard done by."

What. Was. That?

Just finished rewatch. Thought we should have been 2 goals clear at half, unlucky to be down. Disallowed goal was the right call. Deserved the equalizer, Saka was the best player on the pitch today. Really though we were going to kick on and win easily from there but just switched off twice and United punished to the max twice. Sucks to lose, especially to United but still top of the league.
Kinda silly to suggest that Arsenal should have been up 2 at the half, but fair post, otherwise.

Thinking about it, Arsenal had the Saliba chance and the Martinelli header in the opening half.

But Salibas chance came just one minute after Eriksens volley from the Dalot cross following the Antony chopped cut back. (Again, xG making no sense to me, Eriksen scores that at least 1 in 5 times, so FSM knows what xG said it was, but it was too low). So Saliba and Eriksen chances cancel out with Eriksens even stronger because if he scored then no goal kick that led to Salibas chance.

United controlled the opening 10 mins, then Arsenal were in the ascendancy for the next quarter-hour as it seemed to me United were rocked a but from the ruled out goal. Saw some doubt creep into their play.

Antony's goal was definitely against the run of play but well worked and clinically finished. Then nothing else really happened in the first half.

How you get that Arsenal should have been 2 goals clear at halftime is a wonder to me. We were clearly watching different games.

The more clinical team won and this Arsenal performance reminded me a lot of Arsenal in Wengers final couple years. Pretty interchanges and combinations in the middle 3rd to outer final 3rd, but little of substance to show for it in the penalty area. Where matches are won.

Ooh this is great content!

Kinda like Gooners channel

Ohhhhh sorry but this just shows EtH ball at its finest. This goal was so fucking sublime.

CgAGVWHDf6SACI-yAACZ-fLnbLs610.jpg.webp

Just a massive LOL at Chelsea. Setting transfer records, spending $200M on defenders and shipping goals, letting CHO and Lukaku walk to bring in old man Auba, alienating a bunch of players and then firing the coach who masterminded it all.

This is why having a football department separate from a manager is a good idea. Managers should help identify players but having complete control over transfer policy is a pretty bad idea!

Just a massive LOL at Chelsea. Setting transfer records, spending $200M on defenders and shipping goals, letting CHO and Lukaku walk to bring in old man Auba, alienating a bunch of players and then firing the coach who masterminded it all.

This is why having a football department separate from a manager is a good idea. Managers should help identify players but having complete control over transfer policy is a pretty bad idea!
Clown show, right up to new ownership

well Chelsea did sign future GOAT Gaga Slolina so not a total waste of a transfer window

You mean we might see something else other than 0G/0A Havertz/Mount soon?

Klopp waiting for the team bus rn

vmg6jaopjam91.jpg

sir-alex-ferguson.gif

ooooooopppppsssss

It will be interesting to see how any new manager deals with the squad imbalance, I would imagine Azpilicueta will be dropped immediately and they go to a back 4. The midfield ends up being fine though one of Mount/Havertz is probably going to drop as well unless the "Havertz as a forward" experiment continues. With all the new players bought with Tuchel in mind, the team doesn't fit anyone that is being rumored to be potential replacements.

I would hate for Potter to go there and have to deal with that shitstorm, I think he's a really good manager and getting the Chelsea job is just starting the countdown to your sacking for any manager.

It will be interesting to see how any new manager deals with the squad imbalance, I would imagine Azpilicueta will be dropped immediately and they go to a back 4. The midfield ends up being fine though one of Mount/Havertz is probably going to drop as well unless the "Havertz as a forward" experiment continues. With all the new players bought with Tuchel in mind, the team doesn't fit anyone that is being rumored to be potential replacements.

I would hate for Potter to go there and have to deal with that shitstorm, I think he's a really good manager and getting the Chelsea job is just starting the countdown to your sacking for any manager.

They have loads of talent, they'll be fine. I said it earlier in thread but this feels like the 15/16 (? I think) year for Chelsea where they overspent and finished 10th. The problem became Tuchel's system which only knew how to play out of possession. Some jarring stats from the opening 7 league and cup fixtures: Mount with 0 goals+assists, Havertz with more offside decisions than shots. It will take time to find the best XI, and time to install a new system, but there is a ton of talent there.

Havertz scored off the bench against West Ham.

His overall numbers are still very good, just needs some focus in his role:

uYaecki.png

Last edited:
Back