• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2022/23 Premier League Thread

Liverpool was right to warn their supporters about acts of violence being committed in Napoli.

My guy.

So different from the attitude of a few of our previous managers since SAF.
96c8bff90d0e00b3a8a063862d1d0586.jpg

The DV7 boom, bust cycle is in full swing, which I fully respect.

Yup, full fledged over confidence bordering on arrogance. We're already back at stage 1 moving to stage 2 Manchester United fandom!

also, totally not surprised ANDRE. FRANK. ZAMBO. ANGUISSA dunked all over Liverpool the other night

he always was a great player

it remains criminal that Scott Parker did fuck all w/ a Fulham side that had Joachim Andersen, Ademola Lookman, Anguissa, and Mitrovic (among others) in it

also, totally not surprised ANDRE. FRANK. ZAMBO. ANGUISSA dunked all over Liverpool the other night

he always was a great player

it remains criminal that Scott Parker did fuck all w/ a Fulham side that had Joachim Andersen, Ademola Lookman, Anguissa, and Mitrovic (among others) in it

Is Lookman all that good? I remember him kind of sucking at Everton.

he's not really good so much as acceptable for a PL team, I think. Decent enough attacking player, totally fine for a mid table side. That's kind of how I see him.

Point is, Scottie Parker loves to suggest his teams aren't very talented. That just wasn't true with Fulham. The team just couldn't score any goals, in part because Parker played Ivan fucking Cavaleiro for a whole season instead of Mitrovic. Really a wild choice!

The penalty decision that went in Real Socieadad's favor yesterday is one of the worst I've ever seen. No clue how that wasn't overturned via VAR. The ball clearly strikes Martinez's knee before hitting his tucked in elbow on the richochet. The level of refereeing is some of the worst I've ever seen at this point.

wait.... are tweets no longer supported?

fuck this. I'm starting some new boards for us.

ohhhh you just copy/paste the whole URL now. cool cool cool. tight tight tight.

Boards 4.0 on hold now

The handball decision was really bad but, gotta be real here, I laughed and enjoyed it

what a player

Anguissa played a fantastic match. What's been frustrating is that most of the narrative has been centered on how Liverpool is washed and not on how high of a ceiling this Napoli squad have, but this is to be expected given it will be confined to Italian language media mostly.

I started following Napoli closely a few years back because I started teaching myself Italian and it's easy to get the Italian broadcasts now (and all of Serie A is on Paramount+ with English broadcasts). If you're not following this Napoli squad you're really missing out on some exciting calcio.

That said, United were absolutely abysmal yesterday and didn't really deserve anything other than a 0-0. Ronaldo is playing like unwiped ass at the moment.
Yeah, the penalty was dubious for sure. I don't think Licha did himself any favors by flailing in like that, but by the letter of the law that shouldn't be a pen. But you're right about the rest. When I saw the starting lineup I said to my buddy that there was zero chance that United was going to get a goal, and they really were never close. I get the need to rotate and rest players given the busy schedule, but I think that EtH got it horribly wrong. Given who he ended up playing and for how long, I think United would have been better served with Bruno and Eriksen playing 45 mins together with Casemiro rather than swapping Eriksen for Bruno at the break. Those two seem to make each other better when playing three in the midfield (not so much when they're playing alongside McFred (see, e.g., Brentford)). And the taking off Dalot and moving Lindelof to RB was questionable given that AWB was on the bench. And I get that Marcus has a knock and that Martial is still unavailable, but Ronaldo simply cannot play a full 90. He's lazy and slow, both in terms of pace and agility. I don't expect him to get more than 5 goals in all competitions this year. And as for Casemiro, he has been pretty poor since joining, but I'm hoping that's just rustiness and unfamiliarity with the team/system. But he really needs to stop giving the ball away so cheaply. Fred was just abhorrent yesterday. I think he's lost a ton of confidence since losing his automatic starting spot and is simply trying to do too much.

All in all it was pretty brutal to watch, though that was predicable given the lineup. The only positive I can really think of is that Captain Clubfoot didn't play too badly.

Back