• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2022/23 Premier League Thread

I don't really have a lot of sympathy for West Ham fans that didn't get a handball call

NINTCHDBPICT000797000491.jpg

Villa created the blueprint for beating Newcastle recently. It can be done. Not hopeful, especially with Dyche (who is not stupid) insisting on the 4-4-2 the last two matches. But three points would be absolutely enormous today ahead of this weekend’s six pointer.

I thought Newcastle might have plateaued before the Tottenhams match, and that maybe that was more of a Spurs implosion (Chiellini/ eez the history of the Tottenham /Chiellini), and it might have been!

But then I see they have won 4 out of 5, so maybe it was just wishful thinking.

Last edited:
I think all 3 home sides win today
hope I'm wrong about the last match that kicks off

bounce after losing the shackles of people you didn't want to play for - honeymoon bounce

It's likely that we will need a new backup LB as Tierney is probably moving on. Could also do with additional depth at the #8 position, I'm not sure how much weight to give the Mount rumors but he's the age profile, position profile, and reportedly character profile that Arteta likes so it makes sense. Fresneda is being rumored as well at RB, it's entirely possible we bring in an additional 2-3 defenders total.

I don't know the answer to your question, truly. I would have said before this year that there was no shot anyone could unless they have a nation-state backing them; I still think that might be accurate. It's borderline impossible to cultivate the depth that City have across their entire first team. Arsenal showed this year that when their best XI are on the pitch, they can play at City's level, but even taking one piece away in the stretch run with Saliba's injury shows how fragile that brilliancy really was. Everyone is stretched to the maximum right now and this was probably the best chance City is going to give anyone for a while and Arsenal couldn't capitalize. City will spend their normal large amount on international quality players this summer and reset for another deep run in all competitions. The only way I can see Arsenal challenging City to this degree again is if Martinelli and Saka take the biggest possible leap into being truly world class superstars, Saliba comes back with a clean bill of health, and Arsenal can revamp their midfield without losing the fluidity they had for most of this season. It's possible, but a very narrow gap to try to hit.
I don't think anyone catches Man City. The quality of their depth is unmatched. Arsenal would need to add 6 players to even compete, plus they will have the champions league next year. CL is much better than the curse of the Europa League (those Thursday games are horrible), but i don't see them finishing in the top 4 next year.

I don't think anyone catches Man City. The quality of their depth is unmatched. Arsenal would need to add 6 players to even compete, plus they will have the champions league next year. CL is much better than the curse of the Europa League (those Thursday games are horrible), but i don't see them finishing in the top 4 next year.
I think the question of being able to compete with Man City and being able to get top 4 are wildly different bars to attempt to hit. I would be legitimately shocked if Arsenal didn't finish top 4 next season barring a devastating injury record.

I know Saka agreed to a contract in like Feb or March but was it ever signed?

He is a player Pep would covet if there ever was one

Losing him would would put a dent in Arsenal's ambitions (or losing MO - I'm less high on Martinelli than most even tho he's having a good season)

Rumors are that it will be Lindleof and Shaw as the CB pairing again and no spot for Maguire. Going to sell him for a bag of peanuts at this rate

Ryan Mason >>Ten Hag >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Conte/Stellini

Been sayin

how we feeling today, Townie? 2nd game with DCL, Doucs and Onana back. i really don't get the Mina thing though. has Dyche addressed it

I know Saka agreed to a contract in like Feb or March but was it ever signed?

He is a player Pep would covet if there ever was one

Losing him would would put a dent in Arsenal's ambitions (or losing MO - I'm less high on Martinelli than most even tho he's having a good season)
Saka hasn't signed it yet that I know of but I would be stunned if he left after publicly agreeing to the deal.

I think Martinelli has a higher ceiling than Saka.

What the fuck is Southampton doing?!?!?
There they are with James Ward-Prowse taking corners and Bournemouth just conceded multiple goals from corners in their previous match a few days ago. So what does Soton do from their first two corners?

Plays it short and then take a shot from outside the box with a dozen players between the shot and the goal. Unexplainable.

bounce after losing the shackles of people you didn't want to play for - honeymoon bounce
I take this back if Man United score an early goal

But allow Spurs to stick around and get the crowd into it and behind their team and I think Spurs will win it

Back