• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Wish the club gave him a chance instead of bringing in Reguilon, but oh well. Hope he does well in Spain. I think he's a good player.
At least this way he'll be getting regular minutes against some good competition. I agree that he could be a good player for United one day. But he is only 20.

Klopp with a little cheeky "you never know" when asked about incomings other than Gravenberch (which he did not confirm because nothing is official yet), but when asked about centerbacks didn't sound like he was in for anything - "if we could bring in a center half for one week we would look at it, but no."

Thiago with a setback, looking towards post-international break.

Random Liverpool link to Sunderland midfielder Dan Neil. I'm ok poaching Championship sides for young English guys, they should do more of that and direct from South America, imo. Don't know this guy, though. Off to the youtubes.

EtH confirms that Hojlund will be available to play on Sunday. Didn't say if he would start or be on the bench tho, just that he would 'be in the squad'

Less surprised that Everton are wiping their hands than Brentford being back in, but maybe they were desperate after missing out on Johnson and Bakayoko.
Brentford scouted him to begin with before Brighton got him. He’s actually not bad at all as a second striker, just cannot play by himself. Had a nice assist this week in the cup. The problem with how Everton tried to play him was we tried to swap him like for like with DCL, and Maupay’s hold up play is utter garbage. We tried to lump him the ball from the back or from crosses, and that’s not how he plays.

Think Dyche always wanted to pair him with a big target striker.

Anyway, he is not very good at football, happy to see him gone, we’ve replaced him with better, younger, cheaper options.

This is a funny one. Sold him for a profit without giving him any time to St Etienne, who promptly did the same. I actually think there’s a decent player in there at a position we need.

Yeah Villa should be a pretty solid top 7 team at the least with a solid push to one up their current European spot. Better just go ahead and finish top 4 and go to the Champions League. Who says no?!

Brentford scouted him to begin with before Brighton got him. He’s actually not bad at all as a second striker, just cannot play by himself. Had a nice assist this week in the cup. The problem with how Everton tried to play him was we tried to swap him like for like with DCL, and Maupay’s hold up play is utter garbage. We tried to lump him the ball from the back or from crosses, and that’s not how he plays.

Anyway, he is not very good at football, happy to see him gone, we’ve replaced him with better, younger, cheaper options.
He was actually pretty good with Brentford and did some numbers, but I just got the vibe he might be a bad'un and if Brentford and Brighton don't really put road blocks up for you leaving, then that might be a red flag, so thought it was interesting they would bring him back, but I guess if you know what you're dealing with...

He was actually pretty good with Brentford and did some numbers, but I just got the vibe he might be a bad'un and if Brentford and Brighton don't really put road blocks up for you leaving, then that might be a red flag, so thought it was interesting they would bring him back, but I guess if you know what you're dealing with...

Got it. Thanks for clearing that up.

But your ultimate conclusion is correct. He is a shit footballer.

Back