• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Havertz maybe could have been sent off too. And Newcastle did win the xG game. Not sure Arsenal fans have much of a fair gripe. Need to be playing better if they wanna entertain challenging for the league.

Would have been a different game if Newcastle were playing with 10 as they should have been.

I’m just not going to watch the Premier League anymore. I’ll watch the UCL this year and whatever European competition next season Arsenal luck into based on refereeing decisions, but I’m done with the Premier League.

I used to think that Italian reffing was the worst. I now realize that the reffing in the Premiership is the worst. Imagine the skill level and morals of Anthony Taylor, who got tossed from the cabal of the worst refs in Europe.

I've only been watching a couple years so i want to be sure i understand.

The goal which Arsenal fans screamed was out of bounds prior to scoring, actually was NOT out of play and the right call. And the entire game would have been different if someone was sent off in the 88th minute?

This isn't exactly the screwjob Liverpool got against Spurs here, that one i can understand completely. But this? nah. Should've been red. no question. Assuming you score in the final 7 to 10 minutes because of it? Arsenal hubris.

Feel like Klopp messed up on subs today. Mac on yellow should have come out, Darwin missing from 4 feet, he should have subbed him instead of jota. Hats of to Luton.

I guess we just can’t score unless we let one first… should have allowed earlier…. Lol

I've only been watching a couple years so i want to be sure i understand.

The goal which Arsenal fans screamed was out of bounds prior to scoring, actually was NOT out of play and the right call. And the entire game would have been different if someone was sent off in the 88th minute?

This isn't exactly the screwjob Liverpool got against Spurs here, that one i can understand completely. But this? nah. Should've been red. no question. Assuming you score in the final 7 to 10 minutes because of it? Arsenal hubris.

Two different things. The sending off should’ve happened in the 48th minute.

The ball was out of bounds, the assisting player benefited from a two hand shove on an Arsenal player to win the ball and the goal scorer was offsides. All in the same play.

Two different things. The sending off should’ve happened in the 48th minute.

The ball was out of bounds, the assisting player benefited from a two hand shove on an Arsenal player to win the ball and the goal scorer was offsides. All in the same play.
The ball wasn’t out of bounds and it didn’t seem like the other to things were any more egregious than a 100 calls that happen every weeekend. The shove was 50/50 on if it gets called and until they get semi-automated offsides there are going to be angles VAR can’t get.

I’m just not going to watch the Premier League anymore. I’ll watch the UCL this year and whatever European competition next season Arsenal luck into based on refereeing decisions, but I’m done with the Premier League.
I never made enough fun of you, Goober, as it turns out. This is such a sad and telling post.

Misspelling intentional

Grow up.

It's a sport.

The ball wasn’t out of bounds and it didn’t seem like the other to things were any more egregious than a 100 calls that happen every weeekend. The shove was 50/50 on if it gets called and until they get semi-automated offsides there are going to be angles VAR can’t get.
F-QmCUFX0AAuMN-

50/50, only if you mean 50/50 times it's a foul.

The Havertz tackle was the only red card level offense, the ball didn’t go out, and Arsenal didn’t muster shit offensively. Grow up, Gunners.

Back