• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

I also wouldn’t necessarily give the keys to the manager to sign whatever players he wants. Feels like the smart teams are appropriately compartmentalizing the management and scouting/recruitment functions or acknowledging that coaches want a profile of a player and shouldn’t be asking for a specific player.
This is too true

As much as the club miss Sir Alex, I truly believe the club misses David Gil even more. Our recruitment has been shambolic for a decade now with ideas and objectives constantly changing and no cohesive plan for more than a transfer window or two. Glazers have favored building the commercial side of the business, which has been a success, but much to the detriment of the football club being able to, you know, play football to a sustained acceptable level.

EtH is clearly too singularly focused on players that he is familiar with and it has given him blinders. A proper DoF could take his request and use the immense resources of the club to find smarter alternatives in the transfer market. It isn't like the players EtH hand-picked are setting the football world alight with top-notch performances....

This is too true

As much as the club miss Sir Alex, I truly believe the club misses David Gil even more. Our recruitment has been shambolic for a decade now with ideas and objectives constantly changing and no cohesive plan for more than a transfer window or two. Glazers have favored building the commercial side of the business, which has been a success, but much to the detriment of the football club being able to, you know, play football to a sustained acceptable level.

EtH is clearly too singularly focused on players that he is familiar with and it has given him blinders. A proper DoF could take his request and use the immense resources of the club to find smarter alternatives in the transfer market. It isn't like the players EtH hand-picked are setting the football world alight with top-notch performances....
Sadly it's a mentality all to familiar in American professional sports.

Good enough to stay in the league or challenge once and a while, but not committed to the highest standards, while talking it up. Repeatedly blaming the coach (or firing as the scape goat) and hiring someone to excite the fans only to do it all again in 12-16 months. So many NFL owners do this year after year. I don't get the mentality as you'd think you'd want to improve your club, but then again, I'm not pulling in millions (billions) with minimal efforts either...

Infamous English referee Anthony Taylor has been punished for his questionable decision-making.
Taylor – who was at the center of the scandalous Europa League final which saw Roma be denied a penalty on a clear hand-ball by a Sevilla player – has once again proven to have a shaky professional record.
After numerous complaints over the course of this season, Taylor’s decision-making finally caught up with him as the match official’s poor performance in the recent game between Wolves and Newcastle prompted the English federation to relegate him to the Championship.
The Football Association analyzed Taylor’s performance and, deeming it insufficient, decided to relegate him to the Championship,

Damn. Rashford get dropped for today’s match all together??? Sorry for partying.

Damn. Rashford get dropped for today’s match all together??? Sorry for partying.
He's injured apparently

Not a big miss on his form. Consistently making the wrong decision right now.

Looking forward to getting stomped by Fulham!!!

Maguire hurt under a minute into the match. This tracks for this season.

Nothing malicious in that contact but Maguire looks like he couldn't tell you the correct date rn

Maguire hurt under a minute into the match. This tracks for this season.

Nothing malicious in that contact but Maguire looks like he couldn't tell you the correct date rn

No clue how they let him play on.

Horrible. Horrid.

Awful fucking decision. In no world should that be offside.

"subjective offside"

The fuck does that even mean?! I expected to lose but now I'm livid.

English referees are so fucking bad. It's like they've never watched a match of football before in their lives.

"subjective offside"

The fuck does that even mean?! I expected to lose but now I'm livid.

English referees are so fucking bad. It's like they've never watched a match of football before in their lives.
Sorry, still fuming about this nonsense

If they are saying it is "subjective" then it obviously wasn't a "clear and obvious" error on the pitch.

VAR in England is an absolute farce.

Massive 3 points. Onana was huge in the middle of that 2nd half and Bruno took his goal so well, created that bit of space and hit it superbly. Leno maybe could have done better but he clearly saw it late with the collection of bodies in front of him, so I think blaming him is harsh.

Back