• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Wondergoal and Mainoo aside, more shit from United and lucky to still be in front. Everton were the better side that half and just didn't finish their chances.

Ashley needs to go, this is the second match he’s thrown away already this season

Get Hugill on for Martial. I know he won the penalty, but that was more Youngs dumbassery than anything Martial caused. He is just such a lazy footballer.

Let Hugill have a chance to impress

Get Hugill on for Martial. I know he won the penalty, but that was more Youngs dumbassery than anything Martial caused. He is just such a lazy footballer.

Let Hugill have a chance to impress
Hahahaha

Nailed it.

3-0. Martial.

Third game of the season we’ve out shot our opponents by 10+ and lost. Young cannot play right back, he’s just shipping goals in big games.

Of course I want Spurs to qualify for Europe etc. but man they play a fun style, they have a manager who isn’t a petulant whining ass like the other N London club.

I look forward to seeing what they add in the next couple transfer windows. They lack depth desperately. But damn if it isn’t a blast to watch.

Pretty much where I'm at. Unlucky not to at least draw today but it was fun, I was entertained, and I care about tuning in for matches again. That's a success.

Third game of the season we’ve out shot our opponents by 10+ and lost. Young cannot play right back, he’s just shipping goals in big games.

Onana had his first day as a shot stopper where my eyebrows were consistently raised. He made some absolutely ridiculous saves.

We were desperately missing our Onana. The Garner-Gana midfield will win some balls, but not help protect the defense or stop counters and unlock the wings in the same way. Right back continues to be a massive concern, I feel bad for young Patterson who now seems to be third choice.

Promising underlying numbers but undone by mistakes and a wonder goal. Need to finish a bit better, but I’m loving how many chances we created. I’d feel a lot better about things without the points deduction nonsense hanging over us.

We were desperately missing our Onana. The Garner-Gana midfield will win some balls, but not help protect the defense or stop counters and unlock the wings in the same way. Right back continues to be a massive concern, I feel bad for young Patterson who now seems to be third choice.

Promising underlying numbers but undone by mistakes and a wonder goal. Need to finish a bit better, but I’m loving how many chances we created. I’d feel a lot better about things without the points deduction nonsense hanging over us.
It's hard to believe that Ashley Young remains a preferred option over Patterson.

The pace of our fullback options is just atrocious. Think we need to give serious thought to Garner at right back like England played him at U21s, waste of his skills though it might be. Mykolenko is having a decent season but can’t match pace with top wingers, that’s also gotta be a recruitment focus. Coleman probably slots right back in when fit, club captain and all, but he’s certainly not the answer.

How is Raul Jimenez still in the Premier League? I've always liked him but he just hasn't recovered from that head injury. 1g/1a in his last 1,500 minutes.

Ugly day for Ream/Robinson defensively. Ream lucky he didn't get a second yellow on that penalty as well.

Listening on the radio and the announcers are going nuts over that late penalty. Bashing the ref for 10 minutes straight. Anyone watching?

The Wolves pen was soft but the two Fulham ones were correct for me.

Back