• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

We’re now nearly £150m in the black on transfers the past three seasons. Wonder when FFP will relent? Unclear, as the big six have spent billions and billions in the red on transfers and seemingly have violated countless rules.
Total horse shit. FFP is a joke.

Total horse shit. FFP is a joke.
Hold on now! In 10 years Manchester City may get a slap on the wrist for violating FFP all the way back in 2013 after all their legal delaying is done.

Patience!

DDG deserves a statue. What an era coming to an end at United. Incredible shot blocker. Pure respect for him.

I both agree and disagree. Great for the first part of his career, mediocre and overrated the last 3-4 years.

As a Liverpool fan, I’m sad to see him leave. I think he’s been a big part of United’s inconsistency over the last bunch of years.

I’m sure someone will Stats Bomb showing the data proves me wrong, but I think United gets better with him moving on.

17/18 (I think?) season was one of the best goalkeeper seasons I’ve ever seen anyone have

Club legend you’d imagine, trophies not quite like Schmeichel or Van Der Sar but he was so good for so long.

First group of Liverpool players back today. Calvin Ramsay was there though is going to Preston on loan.

Interestingly to me all other returners (Adrian, Gomez, Matip, Darwin, Bajcetic, Phillips, Fabinho) were pictured working out or in work out clothes except Thiago, who was there but not shown doing any fitness.

He had surgery at the end of last year to get him ready for preseason, but it’s Thiago, so he could not be ready yet or has picked up something else. Love the player, but if there’s a mutually beneficial opportunity to move him on I hope it happens (and they sign someone else).

17/18 (I think?) season was one of the best goalkeeper seasons I’ve ever seen anyone have

Club legend you’d imagine, trophies not quite like Schmeichel or Van Der Sar but he was so good for so long.
DDG was maybe the most frustrating keeper for Arsenal from around 15-16 to 18-19. I remember the game at the Emirates in 2017 as maybe the single best shot-stopping performance I’ve ever seen. So many games where he would come up with a save that made no logical sense. He had struggles in the air and with his feet but when it comes to pure goalkeeping, he’s way up there in PL history.

DDG was maybe the most frustrating keeper for Arsenal from around 15-16 to 18-19. I remember the game at the Emirates in 2017 as maybe the single best shot-stopping performance I’ve ever seen. So many games where he would come up with a save that made no logical sense. He had struggles in the air and with his feet but when it comes to pure goalkeeping, he’s way up there in PL history.

Brilliant shot stopper

Porto should sign him on a free and sell United Costa. Everyone wins!

I haven’t seen a full England match because the world sucks and they decided not to broadcast every one in the tournament like they have done for the last decade+ or so, but England’s been playing without an out-and-out striker and balling, apparently.

Hoping Jones and Elliott have become besties with Colwill.

I haven’t seen a full England match because the world sucks and they decided not to broadcast every one in the tournament like they have done for the last decade+ or so, but England’s been playing without an out-and-out striker and balling, apparently.

Hoping Jones and Elliott have become besties with Colwill.
And Angel Gomes is apparently a 6 now. Was a 10 his entire time in Uniteds academy

Yet he is crushing it in that role.

Nice one, MUFC...

Garner has played RB all tourney and has yet to be dribbled past

Thx for him dv7, super useful player

Garner has played RB all tourney and has yet to be dribbled past

Thx for him dv7, super useful player
Love James Garner. Such a tidy player. Hope he gets more run for y'all next year. Great dead ball delivery too. Maybe squeeze in a few goals that way to help the Ev stay up?

Yeah they have Garner at rb, a double pivot of Jones and Gomes, and no striker. But it’s working, so good for Carsley for doing some weird shit.

Love James Garner. Such a tidy player. Hope he gets more run for y'all next year. Great dead ball delivery too. Maybe squeeze in a few goals that way to help the Ev stay up?
He’s first few names on the team sheet after how he finished last season and this showing at euros for sure

Back