• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Counterpoint: YAWN.
Can't argue with that lol. I've seen enough of his pre-match captain speeches to know he can put anyone to sleep.

If you wanted to be real edgy you could argue that his personality has actually HELD US BACK despite being one of the best scores in the Premiere League for 8+ years straight

Can't argue with that lol. I've seen enough of his pre-match captain speeches to know he can put anyone to sleep.

If you wanted to be real edgy you could argue that his personality has actually HELD US BACK despite being one of the best scores in the Premiere League for 8+ years straight
i mean yeah. There is probably a reason he hasn't been the Captain and all

I really hope that they don't try to make Kane a pundit after he retires. He would be brutally boring.

I honestly didn't know how much of a dullard the dude was until I watched that Hot Ones last night. Holy shit. Sean Evans was struggling to make it even the least bit interesting.

Sean: "What was your favorite goal you scored?"
Harry: "Oh, probably my first goal for England. That was nice."
Sean: ...
Harry: ......
Sean: .........
Harry: .............
Sean: ..................
Harry: "Because I scored for my country."

COOL STORY, BRO.

(didn't go down like that but it felt like it.)

I really hope that they don't try to make Kane a pundit after he retires. He would be brutally boring.
"You can see that he scored a nice goal there and he enjoyed it. Is the tea ready?"

Daniel Levy is actually trying to work a post-career position with Spurs into a new contract. Along with 400k per week wages

I think the best way to describe Kane is really british

Hahahahaha reports now coming out saying Atalanta wants 100m Euros for Hojlund!

That's insane. Just move on as that is a completely unreasonable price for such an unproven player, no matter his potential.

Just pay 50 mil to Arsenal for Balogun because Kane or Osimhen isn't happening anyway. Baloguns metrics compare well with both of those players as well. Just needs to improve his finishing a bit and he's a world class 9

Lol that’ll show em

That’s like two weeks of Casemiro wages

Damn. That's the Onana transfer off the table then.

FFP remains a joke.

"You spent too much money! Now pay us money to show that you're sorry!"

why don't these Saudi clubs want Maguire? or Fred? or Alex Telles?

give MUFC that sweet oil rich, anti-human rights money!

After Dele Alli's interview now Patrice Evra announces he was also abused as a child

Damn.

Fabinho not on the plane to Germany for the training camp, heading to Saudi,

Henderson is listed. Gerrard’s club rumored to be offering him 700k a week, but saying they can’t cough up 20 mil. All become a bit of a mess.

Hoping they have something up their sleeve, but seems like they might be scrambling at this point — don’t think they had really considered losing either of these guys this year, but maybe they should have.

Kelleher also listed as being on the plane, but some rumors of some interest from Wolves for him.

Last edited:
All the sudden there are rumors of Fred and Alex Telles getting interest from Saudi Arabia as well

Yes. Sell sell sell

Even apart from the moral hypocrisy/selling out, there’s a vibe to me of a pretty cynical/sinister angle to the Henderson/Fabinho/Saudi thing that rubs me the wrong way if I tug at the thread too much.

I’d brush it off had the weirdness around Henderson’s last extension not happened.

Maybe Henderson goes anyway, but think Klopp/Liverpool may have gotten played a bit here.

Even apart from the moral hypocrisy/selling out, there’s a vibe to me of a pretty cynical/sinister angle to the Henderson/Fabinho/Saudi thing that rubs me the wrong way if I tug at the thread too much.

I’d brush it off had the weirdness around Henderson’s last extension not happened.

Maybe Henderson goes anyway, but think Klopp/Liverpool may have gotten played a bit here.

How so? Curious to hear your thoughts.

Back