• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

PSG should have it the easiest of any club, they have unlimited money smack in the middle of maybe the hottest talent pool in all of world soccer, and they trip over themselves all the time and end up with this weird mix of abilities and egos that never maxes out their potential, it seems. Maybe they'll get it right one day.

PSG always reminded me of the spurned girlfriend from high school... when you were together everything was great, but once you broke up, they made your life miserable.
Pretty sure they just make life miserable all the time.

Wrexham striker Paul Mullin ended up with a punctured lung after collision with ManU keeper. may not even be able to travel home for 2 weeks. likely out 2 to 3 months.
Had to bring oxygen on the field for him. Ouch

Henderson can scram. What a tarnished legacy.

Agree. Thanks for the last 12 years and best of luck with your new gig.

His best days are behind him and he’s basically an average squad player that this point.

A lot of Liverpool fans are making a big deal about the “leadership void” with him leaving. Leadership matters, of course, but that locker room is full of national team captains so I’m not concerned about a lack of leadership.

I’d much rather have a 22-24 year old up and comer getting some minutes and settling in than a past-his-prime with-2-years-left-on-his-contract Henderson. $12M fee and wages off the books is good business.

eh, losing Keita, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Henderson, and Fabinho in one window is not ideal. I would have loved to have kept Henderson for another year (and sold Fabinho). Now we need two more midfielders and instead of a "revamp," LFC have to do an entire "rebuild." Wonder if they go with a 4-2-3-1 for the first games of the season.

Agree. Thanks for the last 12 years and best of luck with your new gig.

His best days are behind him and he’s basically an average squad player that this point.

A lot of Liverpool fans are making a big deal about the “leadership void” with him leaving. Leadership matters, of course, but that locker room is full of national team captains so I’m not concerned about a lack of leadership.

I’d much rather have a 22-24 year old up and comer getting some minutes and settling in than a past-his-prime with-2-years-left-on-his-contract Henderson. $12M fee and wages off the books is good business.
henderson reminded me of jeter. Good player but propped up by a good surrounding cast, and whose leadership skills were over-valued

Bellingham was offside but whatever

Very nice chopped finish tho

Henderson struck me as a “model professional” type captain, not a real lightning rod/leader of men. He’s a humorless, white, teetotaling, try hard coach’s pet. I’ve watched probably 15 hours of “fun” LFC social media content in the last ten years and he hasn’t been in a single shot of it. I think he’ll be missed more on the field than off it.

I don’t care how this game ends up, I just want our players to leave the stadium without serious injuries. There have been some pretty horrific tackles from Man U for a preseason match.

How can a fan base be so fucking soft?

lol goal Barca

If it's soft to think that going into challenges like it's the World Cup during a preseason exhibition is excessive, fine. Don't really care, I just want all our players healthy for Premier League opening day.

I will say that I liked the away kit a LOT more when I saw it on the pitch last night vs Real Madrid. I fully take back my "hate it" sentiment from earlier this week.

Thomas HitzlHOWITZER is having some issues with Henderson moving to play in Saudi Arabia

27 man Liverpool squad to Singapore, both Thiago and Bajcetic staying behind, which leaves four senior midfielders, only two of whom have played for Liverpool before, and they’re both 22 or younger (Jones, Elliott + Mac A, Szoboszlai), and Szoboszlai is carrying a minor ankle injury himself.

I’d say just count Trent AA as a mid but there’s also no Connor Bradley on the plane, who was stepping in at rb for him. Wondering if he’s carrying something.

Man, still a lot of work to do. There are like maybe 17/18 outfield guys I feel confident in, and the level of that confidence varies a lot.

Last edited:
Just glad we got through the American tour without significant injury. One more preseason game, our annual loss in the Emirates Cup, and we are golden.

Back