• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

Not gonna happen. As probably the only burnley fan here, he sticks out the season. After a rough start, I think they believe they can avoid being relegated. Draws at Manchester City and Newcastle has made them optimistic.
I tried to reply to the post about ings leaving. Not sure what happened

Not gonna happen. As probably the only burnley fan here, he sticks out the season. After a rough start, I think they believe they can avoid being relegated. Draws at Manchester City and Newcastle has made them optimistic.

He's probably going to stay, but I feel like Burnley will go down anyway. It's a tough decision for them. Either cash in while they can and increase their chance of relegation or roll the dice on staying up.

"De Gea has been offered a double your money, £140,000-a-week deal to extend his Manchester United contract.

The Spanish goalkeeper is holding out for a switch to Real Madrid at the end of the season."

Valdes better be healthy.

"De Gea has been offered a double your money, £140,000-a-week deal to extend his Manchester United contract.

The Spanish goalkeeper is holding out for a switch to Real Madrid at the end of the season."

Valdes better be healthy.

If we do sell Big Dave then we better get Gigi Buffon level money -- adjusted for inflation.

Who is Sebastian Giovinco and is he any good? Why is he being rumoured to be talking to TFC if Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea also want him?

Reports saying MLS would rather see him in US and that he'll have to go through allocation process

Also sounds like Sunderland included cash in the deal. Pretty sweet move for MLS if true. They get a 25 year old guy with resale value who isn't at his prime yet for a 32 year old guy who's been showing signs of wear and tear for a few years. Obviously it all hinges on Jozy regaining his form, but it makes sense.

Still hate MLS' ever changing acquisition rules.

Who is Sebastian Giovinco and is he any good? Why is he being rumoured to be talking to TFC if Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea also want him?

Fast as fuck small striker that did really well at Parma but has struggled to fully break into Juve's side with the quality strikers they have there and the system that they play now under Allegri. He can also play as a winger, but I don't think his crossing is all that good, so I personally don't like him there -- better as an inverted winger, IMO.

I've been high on Giovinco for a few years now but he hasn't reached his potential yet. I think in the open play of the PL he could do some serious damage with his electric pace.

not sure how it hasn't been posted on this thread yet, but Wilf Bony has signed for Man City for 25 mil
He is believed to be on around £100,000 a week.

Glad that club could bring in a striker, something they were clearly missing....

striker in, defender out

Meanwhile Schalke say they have completed the transfer of the Serbia defender Matija Nastasic from City.
Nastasic will join the Bundesliga club on loan until the end of the season with an option to buy out his contract, which runs through 2017.
The 21-year-old joined his new team-mates at their training camp in Qatar and signed the contract after passing a medical on Wednesday.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/14/wilfried-bony-manchester-city-swansea-ivory-coast

the non-committal commitment from Mats Hummels

Hummels, 26, has said he is used to the speculation, telling Sky News: "It's been like this since my first year at Dortmund.
"There are always clubs knocking on my door, telling me they are interested. But I have always decided that I don't want to do it.
"I think that I have always made good decisions and that I will continue to do so. I have never said that I will stay here [at Dortmund] until 2024 or even 2030 and have stayed regardless.
"I prefer to continue on the path to not promise anything but in the end maybe just do it [stay] than to say that I'll stay and then just leave."

Giovinco to Toronto in July is official. As is Jozy to Toronto for Defoe plus cash.

Retirement league.

Back