• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Summer Transfer Thread 2011 (NWT)

I think it just means that they have done most of what they wanted to do. Meaning not all they have wanted to do and will probably pursue a left back regardless of who goes out. I don't think he's being evasive or anything.

To clarify, I think that they will get a left back, yes -- my first paragraph reads kind of dickishly I think, sorry. If there is a player out there other than that who wants to come to Liverpool and the price is right, I don't think they would hold it up just to sell, but I think the preference right now would definitely be to clear some of the squad out. I think they have enough flexibility to make the moves though without that being a necessity. That's my read anyway.

Fourth_Official Fourth Official
The only other definite target of Liverpool's is Cissokho for left-back anything else would be cover or cut prices

Fourth_Official Fourth Official
Liverpool youngster Jason Banton has joined #LCFC on trial

Jason Banton hasn't been a Liverpool youngster for months. He was invited for a trial period essentially and was dumped probably not even a month into being with the team. He's a headcase apparently. I think he even went for a trial with an MLS team.

So right, left back. So they have done most of what they have wanted and will pursue a left back regardless of sales. Anything else will be if the price is right, not anything else will only happen if players are sold.

Though I don't necessarily buy that Cissokho is Liverpool's only target for that and if they don't get him they will stand pat at that position.

I'd be happy with Cissokho though, and have pegged him as the top realistic target for quite a while.

Random game from youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v= nSrVaFe3Rpg

I don't know how to post the video itself. Apparently clicking on the youtube button as would have been intuitive doesn't do it.

dv7 edit: Just copy/paste the part I bolded and made unnecessarily huge. It will be what is after the = sign each youtube link. Sometimes it is in the middle of the link, and then it will be what is between the = and the & sing most likely.

Last edited by a moderator:
snap_kaka_pop Jack Lang
Breaking - Arsenal midfielder Denilson has joined #SãoPauloFC on a one year loan deal.

After a 12 minute cameo to start the second half against Malaysia XI...after which he was subbed off for being shitty, and he walked off the field and down the tunnel. Unfortunately, he was not just left at the stadium's lost and found area.

After a 12 minute cameo to start the second half against Malaysia XI...after which he was subbed off for being shitty, and he walked off the field and down the tunnel. Unfortunately, he was not just left at the stadium's lost and found area.

Wow, that really happened? I'm guessing he made it clear in the locker room he would never play for Arsenal again. I'm also guessing Arsene responded, "You beat me to it."

Yep. Happened.

He's turrible.

Ramsey looked outstanding. New RB Jenkinson looked very good too. Really athletic, puts in a good cross. Tall.

Ramsey is the reason Arsenal shouldn't feel so bad about selling want-away Cesc. Kid is ready to explode onto the scene.

If Frimpong comes good, the mid three of Wilshere/Ramsey/Frimpong is nothing to scoff at. Song is still there too, and people forget he is only 23.

I know you like him, but I've never really seen a lot out of Frimpong.

Saw Lansbury will be loaned out, think that will be a good move for him.

He's just different than Song. I don't have enough to go on now to determine what he'll be, but he plays more like Flamini than Song. I liked Flamini. Ran his ass off, a little nuts. Played great with a versatile center mid like Cesc. Song is more of a brute.

Frimpong and Wilshere came up through the ranks and played side by side every year together in the youth setup. Can't hurt to have that chemistry built in. He was in the first team last year then he tore his acl in the summer. Poor timing.

If Frimpong comes good, the mid three of Wilshere/Ramsey/Frimpong is nothing to scoff at. Song is still there too, and people forget he is only 23.

Diaby as well. Those are really good options -- or at least a good base from which to build if they are able to bring in players at the level of Gervinho in other areas.

Last edited:
If Diaby is a regular starter that is a bad sign for Arsenal, but I like him in the squad. It's guys like him and Eboue that clearly aren't first team but have enough versatility and provide some positives that it warrants keeping them around.

Nope. Link?

Has anyone made those recently and been favorable to Diaby? If so, then they would be overrating him, whoever they are. I don't rate him nearly that highly, but I think he's a solid player. I mean, if someone said he is as good as Vieira that's one thing; if someone said that he reminds them in style of Patrick Vieira that's another. A comparison isn't really a judgement.

This is on his wiki page, but I don't Wenger insanely overrating him.

Upon signing with Arsenal, club manager Wenger likened the player to former club player Patrick Vieira. Wenger compared the two primarily because of the similarities between each player's physical appearance and positional preference.[5][103][104] While the two are similar in appearance, Diaby has admitted that there are huge differences stating "I think maybe I am more attack-minded, a more technical player" and "Vieira is much more aggressive. He makes more of a physical impact in a game, in midfield. He is amazing. I don’t think I have this quality yet. I think I can develop in that way but he is much stronger."[7] In 2009, Wenger echoed Diaby sentiments declaring "I believe Vieira was more of a passer of the ball. Diaby is more of a dribbler, more offensive and makes more penetrating runs. Vieira was more of a constructor. They have a similar elegance and type of play but are not completely comparable".

Back