• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Summer Transfer Thread 2011 (NWT)

Demon09

Stop Whining
Reaction score
The silly season is upon us.

Arsene, spend some fucking money.

Linked with the Gunners so far, in order of most frequency to least:

Hazard
Benzema
Samba
Parker
Gervinho

Signed, kind of:
Ricky Alvarez

Confirmed out, at this point:

Denilson
Bendtner

Linked with Spurs so far:

Every striker who has ever played the game
Scott Parker

Confirmed out:

Like half the squad, since Spurs have 30+ players. Keane, O'Hara, Naughton and other loan guys are gone for sure, Hutton is gone as well and probably at least one of Jenas/Palacios as well as a few more are on their way out.

But I thought Palacios was the best holding midfielder in the game

Jose Enrique
Sylvain Marveaux
Scott Dann
Stewart Downing
Charlie Adam
Juan Mata
Ashley Young

But I thought Palacios was the best holding midfielder in the game

Well clearly that was before Sandro poked his head out of the ground. Now he is the best holding mid in the game.

Need classy CMs. lots of them. there isnt a midfielder on the team now that I'd be proud to say is in our first XI.

for Liverpool: my wishlist which I think is possible...

Juan Mata
Stewart Downing
Scott Dann
James McCarthy

need a left-back. Not sure if we need another CM, though I have nothing against McCarthy.

Modric, please. I'll settle for Nasri. Or if looking towards the continent I have loads of options that I want for our creative CM. We need one desperately.

VDV wouldn't fit in at United. Sneijder would be a fucking dream.

You know how much and for how long I've rated Sneijder. He'll slow the game down, but there is no questioning his range of passing. His free kicks are awesome as well. At the peak of his career though - which goes against United's purported idea of not buying guys they can't sell on later.

Yeah, I don't expect it. (Sneijder, that is.)

Will be interesting to see what the club does. I expect an eventful summer at Carrington.

Hard for me to give him shit when the divide between his good and bad play was the kidnapping and death of his brother.

It's a hideous situation, but he's just been a shell of himself ever since that happened. I don't know what the "right" thing is for a club to do in this kind of situation, but maybe a deal can be worked out (Napoli has shown interest in him) where he can move and maybe get a new start in life, if that's possible for him.

His little brother's kidnapping and death absolutely shattered him. I don't know if he blames himself for what happened (making too much money, drawing too much attention, not getting his family to move, etc) - but it's just a horrible situation.

Back