• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Summer Transfer Thread 2011 (NWT)

"For 2011/12 each club had a deadline of 5pm on 2nd September to submit a squad containing no more than 17 players who do not fulfil the Home Grown Player criteria. The remainder of the squad, up to a total of 25 players, must be Home Grown"

1 Richards, Micah Yes
2 Hart, Charles Joseph John Yes
3 Taylor, Stuart James Yes
4 Lescott, Joleon Patrick Yes
5 Barry, Gareth Yes
6 Milner, James Philip Yes
7 Johnson, Adam Yes
8 Clichy, Gael Yes
9 Pantilimon, Costel Fane No
10 Zabaleta Girod, Pablo Javier No
11 Kompany, Vincent No
12 Toure, Kolo Abib No
13 Kolarov, Aleksandar No
14 De Jong, Nigel No
15 Toure, Gnegneri Yaya No
16 Jimenez Silva, David Josue No
17 Nasri, Samir No
18 Dzeko, Edin No
19 Tevez, Carlos No
20 Aguero Del Castillo, Sergio No
21 Onuoha, Chinedum Yes
22 Bridge, Wayne Michael Yes
23 Nielsen, Gunnar No
24 Hargreaves, Owen No

So the problem isn't having enough home grown players, but rather having less than seventeen non-home grown players.

Last edited:
You need 8 homegrown players if you want to have a full squad of 25. citeh have 9 homegrowns, including Onuoha and Bridge, plus 14 non-homegrowns.

They could loan out both Bridge and Onuoha and still be fine with 7 homegrowns and 14 non-homegrowns plus all their U-21s.

Just look at chelski. They have only 6 homegrowns to go with 17 non-homegrowns.

You need 8 homegrown players if you want to have a full squad of 25. citeh have 9 homegrowns, including Onuoha and Bridge, plus 14 non-homegrowns.

They could loan out both Bridge and Onuoha and still be fine with 7 homegrowns and 14 non-homegrowns plus all their U-21s.

Right, so exactly what I said. There is no rule that says you have to have eight homegrown players because there is no requirement that you have twenty-five players in your squad.

You could have six homegrown players - so, a squad of 23 - and then use your youth extensively (or players that count as youth, but are essential to the squad like JWilshere).

Right, but I was referring to this quote in the article:

Mancini said: "Onouha will stay with us because he is homegrown but he knows it is difficult for him to play often.
"We may find a good solution for him in the next two or three months, or in January maybe."

And when he talked about Bridge he never mentioned that Bridge was homegrown and would accomplish the same thing of being a wasted body in the squad.

Have you been around Mexican football fans? I'd cheer for the Taliban national team before I cheered for El Tri.

Never. I just realized I got so much negative post rep for saying I'd cheer for Mexico over other countries. Hadnt ever looked at it before now but pretty funny... Mexican national fans must be pretty annoying.

Lots of exciting things happening in the 2012 transfer window, but nothing more shocking than somebody paying 3M for Obertan in 2011.

Back