• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Summer Transfer Thread 2011 (NWT)

No, directed towards everybody in general ruling out supporting one of the big boys in any league. It's an asinine position to take. "I won't support them because they are too successful!" Yeah, ok. Sweet. Enjoy that.

Don't like SAF so you don't want to support United? I get that. He is a hard man to understand and appreciate.

Oh, and if you support chelski enjoy your plastic flags and pretend atmosphere.

Why? Is Nani going somewhere? Is he going to play that second striker/winger type role for United with them having Rooney that already plays in the slot a lot?

Not that I'm surprised he's not signing with Liverpool. No Europe = problems signing players. IMO they'll need to target players outside of roughly the top half of the major European leagues.

Are you really wondering why United would want a talent like Ashley Young?

I won't respond. Just read this: http://www.stretford-end.com/blog/2011/05/why-ashley-young-makes-sense-for-united/

Add me to the "I can't support till ive been there" group. That's just how I am. I'd love to spend a semester in England so I could take my EPL love to the next level.

A match at OT turned my father and he didn't want to support them going into our trip. The 2nd match there had him singing his heart out after he learned the songs from me. #JustSayin

Last edited:
Not happy at all about the Friedel deal. Paying to have a 40 year old keeper as our #1? And another ancient keeper as our #2? That's just not Levy's normal way of doing business.

As for this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ter-United-target-Tottenhams-Luka-Modric.html

lololololololololololol .... 20m? I hope if Fergie really does offer that, Levy shoves up his big red nose with his foot. That's the most ridiculous thing I've read so far this silly season.

vad is nervous about losing Luka. Fact.

Fact. He's the guy that makes this team tick. Spurs version of Xavi, if you will. Take him out of the team and it's just not the same. For Spurs, he's an irreplaceable player ... you can't just go buy another Modric for a club that's not one of the 6-7 biggest in the world.

But for 20m? When he's signed through 2016? That's the biggest bunch of hilarious made up crap I've ever heard of. If he gets sold, it'll be for far closer to 50m than 20m.

50? Dude...

If Modric wants to go, and I have no idea if he does or not, then he will go for around 30 mil. 50? Get serious.

And I agree, he makes y'all tick. Fantastic player. Made the Bale lovefest so hilarious when Modric was just making the entire side go without acknowledgment.

/shrug - I'd take Modric over Fabregas for United. From SAF's comments, it appears he would as well. He plays much deeper, he's better in possession and he gets stuck in more. He is comfortable playing 4-4-2 and he excels at using his wingers (see: Gareth Bale's season), which is very similar to how United likes to play. He won't give you the goals that Fabregas will, but he'll run a team better. It just really depends on the style you want to play.

As for selling for 30m? There's literally no way in hell that Levy is going to sell possibly the best CM in the PL for less money than Andy Carroll. Not when he's only 25 years old and has 5 years left on his contract. If he's going to be sold, it'll be for a massive sum. You're drunk, high or both if you think Levy would take 30m. That's absolutely hilarious.

You attend a match at the Emirates and I guarantee that doesn't make you an Arsenal supporter. Worse support in the PL. Shit fans. Unless you enjoy reading a novel uninterrupted for 90 mins...then maybe they are the side for you?

Absolutely false.

Transfer prices are just going to be bananas huge this year. United is supposedly paying £15m for Ashely Young, a solid but not spectacular player who has made it clear he's leaving his current club and only has one season left on his contract.

Be ready for some ridiculous sums to start flying around if that's the base we're working off of.

What Ronaldo thinks of dv7's reaction to every Modric to United rumor ...

CristianoRonaldo.gif

More about Coentrao and his "dream" of playing in Madrid. Not sure how close we are to a deal on that, but usually that's the first sign. We'll see.

Madrid must have been the inspiration for Inception. Seems like all the big players mysteriously have a "dream" of playing for Madrid.

inception3.jpg

Closer to 50m for Modric? What is this world coming to? I'll be mad if/when we spend over 30 for Fabregas

Back