• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Summer Transfer Thread 2011 (NWT)

But for 20m? When he's signed through 2016? That's the biggest bunch of hilarious made up crap I've ever heard of. If he gets sold, it'll be for far closer to 50m than 20m.

You know, it would help if people had some fucking reading comprehension. Far closer to 50m than 20m doesn't mean I just said someone is going to pay 50m for Modric, or that's he's a 50m player.

With his age, contract situation and value to the club ... 40m is probably what it would take to pry him from Spurs. I'll stand by that.

Pastore - Brilliant player, but somewhat shaky mental makeup still and really plays at a languid pace. I think he'll flourish in Spain or at another Italian club, but I have no idea which PL team he'd fit into well.

QUOTE]

:wtf:

Send Pastore to City then. I'll take my chances with his languid pace and his shaky mental makeup. He'll be a success no matter where he goes. Although it may take a year or two for it to fully take hold given his relative lack of experience.

You know, it would help if people had some fucking reading comprehension.

Says the person who has spent paragraphs addressing something I never said. I said something about the ridiculousness of the transfer market, you took it as me saying he won't really cost that much.

Now because of your ridiculous posts I did challenge that he will actually be that much, but originally I was not doubting his cost but rather simply saying I think the prices are crazy all around

Last edited:
:wtf:

Send Pastore to City then. I'll take my chances with his languid pace and his shaky mental makeup. He'll be a success no matter where he goes. Although it may take a year or two for it to fully take hold given his relative lack of experience.

I watched a lot of Palermo this year (wife's family is all from that area). He's an utterly brilliant player, but he's had some really bad moments this year and if you beat him up a bit he's prone to losing his cool and hurting his team. He's also a defensive liability (didn't help that Palermo was poor defensively as a team too) and really is a bit slow.

I just don't see him the type of player doing well in the PL. Much like Veron, I think he'll be better served playing in Spain or Italy.

I would add with the Palermo part - Pastore gets a lot of love, but Josip Ilicic is a great player in his own right. In fact, I think he's the better PL prospect of the two. Big with a physical edge to his game but very skilled with the ball on the floor. I could see him easily fitting into a role like the one Rooney played at United the past year, or even Berbatov when he played a bit deeper for Spurs. More of a true trequarista.

He's got a rocket of a leg on long shots too

I think 15 mil is the right price for Young. He's a really solid player who can play in multiple positions. Villa have no chance of keeping him.

I watched a lot of Palermo this year (wife's family is all from that area). He's an utterly brilliant player, but he's had some really bad moments this year and if you beat him up a bit he's prone to losing his cool and hurting his team. He's also a defensive liability (didn't help that Palermo was poor defensively as a team too) and really is a bit slow.

I just don't see him the type of player doing well in the PL. Much like Veron, I think he'll be better served playing in Spain or Italy.

I've watched Javier Pastore since he was first on loan to Huracan. His "mental" makeup will be just fine. He wants and expects nothing more than to be the very best.

He may not end up in England. It won't be because he couldn't cut it. He's long said he'd love to play for Barcelona and they'd be dumb not to hvae an interest.

Rumor has it Malaga has entered a 35 million euro bid for Pastore

Madrid must have been the inspiration for Inception. Seems like all the big players mysteriously have a "dream" of playing for Madrid.

536297548_8c30d31563.jpg

So who are my Cottagers gonna get? We need help at both outside back positions as well as another creative force in the CM. We also need to figure out a long term plan at GK. It seems like age is finally catching up with the Schwarz.

Rumor has it Malaga has entered a 35 million euro bid for Pastore

Wow that'd be sweet. I've also heard them going for Pellegrini's old boy Santi Cazorla for 15 as well as picking up Heinze and Van Nistelrooy

Last edited:
So who are my Cottagers gonna get? We need help at both outside back positions as well as another creative force in the CM. We also need to figure out a long term plan at GK. It seems like age is finally catching up with the Schwarz.

Long term GK is Stockdale. It should have been Stockdale this year. He's good, and if he doesn't get some PT he's going to leave.

Outside back positions are a problem. Salcido's probably going to leave the club since his London home got burglarized and now his family wants to GTFO and go to Mexico.

CM is ok for the time being, sorta, but Danny Murphy needs an understudy. No way Murphy goes the full 90 in a bunch of matches this year. Add in the Europa toll, and we're going to need cover there.

Another center forward is probably needed for Europa too.

What's the deal on Gael Kakuta? Does he go back to Chelsea? Did we take him on a transfer or a loan? I forget.

Kakuta was on a loan. No idea if that will be made permanent, but the deal for last season was a loan.

Ahh, ok, that's what I thought.

I haven't heard what Hughes thought of him, but I thought Kakuta was impressive at times. Certainly would be a nice guy to have around.

Of all Fulham's transfers last season, I'd divide them into good and bad as follows:

Good: Dembele (amazing), Sidwell (very good) Gudjohnson, Kakuta, Salcido
Bad: Halliche, Senderos, and some other scrubs I'm probably forgetting that play on the reserves.

Definitely leaving the squad will be Gera, Pantsil, and probably Jonathan Greening. All three would probably make really good players for some Championship side.

Back