• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Summer Transfer Thread 2011 (NWT)

Is he the 'heart and soul' kinda guy though that they need?

I felt like Tevez WAS citeh's identity.

"Heart and soul" kind of guy? Not sure what the heck that means - especially in a team that only started to form an identity when Tevez got hurt last year. Kun certainly isn't Super Mario. He plays with effort. He lacks Tevez's range of passing - which is vastly underrated. But he is probably better at leading a line and is Tevez's equal on the ball. I don't think this is much of a downgrade.

Put it this way, City isn't going away. They'll only be getting better over the next two plus years. Too much talent, too much young talent and a good manager. Loved what he said about Wenger yesterday.

66 goals in all competitions? You don't think that's possible? They play quite a few games in Brazil between the national season, state tournament, cup, and continental competitions...

Not saying he's gonna do it, but I imagine the chance is there to give it a run. He certainly should get tons of goals and that's already a pretty good team.

Uh, no.

He is a great, great player. He is not ever going to score 66 goals in a season.

The difference in overall play between Brazil and the top Euro leagues is there, but it is not nearly as great as you might think. There are a ton of great players in that league. Most of the guys who are in the prime of their careers could play in a top league in Europe. They just wouldn't be huge stars and there are ready made players in Europe as good as them - so why bother bringing them over. Their young players who are super stars are going to move to Europe and be superstars. And then you have the older crowd who have played in Europe already. What the league lacks are stars from Europe in the prime of their career. Tevez will be the one exception on that front. But it isn't like he's off to play in China. He may well score at a faster clip than in England. But even that isn't assured. Every player comes off the boil eventually. He may not maintain the same form he had in England for all we know. He's been a Top 5 player, if not the best player, in the EPL over the last two seasons. He could still perform great and not live up to that level.

gowank.jpg

Too funny!

Perhaps this has been discussed, but how the hell can Corinthians afford this transfer?

Perhaps this has been discussed, but how the hell can Corinthians afford this transfer?

Well, there's corruption. And then there's the fact the Brazilian Real is doing pretty well presently. It still may not happen. We are, afterall, talking about trying to get something done in Brazil - which is not easy.

Bobby Mancini doesn't seem to have the slightest idea of what is going on at his club. Maybe he should just keep his mouth shut?

CONFIRMED SIGNING
Given has completed his move to Aston Villa.

Good signing for them. Replaces Friedel without dropping off any. Poor Guzan tho...

jouracule Mohamed Moallim
Earnest Stewart (AZ DoF): signing Jozy Altidore on loan was never an option, said the club has been scouting him for the last 2-3 years .

CONFIRMED SIGNING
Given has completed his move to Aston Villa.

Good signing for them. Replaces Friedel without dropping off any. Poor Guzan tho...

Guzan knew he wasn't getting the starting job. Last I heard Hull was looking to bring him back, but that was weeks ago.

Agents fees paid in 2009/10 : 1. CFC- £9.3m, 2. LFC £9.0m, 3. MCFC: £5.9m, 6. AFC £3.6m #MUFC is 12th in the list with £2.3m

Sir Alex Ferguson: "The alternatives in midfield are not nearly as strong (as attack), but I have a good squad."

SAF on Sneijder - "Forget it. We are looking at some things but I am not so sure Sneijder will be easy to get."

Last edited:
CONFIRMED SIGNING
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/souleymane-deal-agreed-180711.html

We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Souleymane Coulibaly to join the Club.

The 16-year-old striker hit nine goals in four games for the Ivory Coast during the recent Under-17 World Cup - which included a hat-trick against Brazil and four against Denmark - to secure the golden boot and equal the tournament record set by former Liverpool striker Florent Sinama Pongolle, who achieved the milestone with three more games ten years ago.

Souleymane had previously been part of the youth team of Italian side AC Siena.

Considering Vela is in the shop window and Bendtner is pretty much gone, it's not a terrible idea.

Back