• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Travis McKie

berneses

Reaction score
I think it is time for Travis to sit and Moto to start versus State. Travis has been worn down by Buzz and just doesn't have any energy left. Moto deserves the time due to his strong play the last few games and it will help the new coach next year if Moto can get some serious minutes.

I am disappointed in how Travis has panned out but I respectfully disagree. That swap makes a bad shooting team even worse. Travis isn't a world beater from the arc but he can at least hit occasionally.

Moto has played essentially 0 total minutes at the 3 this season.

There is just zero hope with this lineup.

If I had to coach this group, then I'd start CMM/Coron/Travis/Moto/Devin. That lineup is going to get eaten alive on the boards (not that it matters because so does our typical lineup) and will get abused on the perimeter on D (not that it matters because so does our typical lineup), but it's balanced between two guys who get most of their offense by getting to the basket (CMM and Moto) with two shooters to space the floor (Coron and Travis) for Devin to move around.

That lets Cav come off of the bench where can play with a purer PG (Madison) and a true C (Andre), avoiding the spacing issues that come about when he's on the floor with Devin lately.

titanic-deck-chairs.jpg

Agree with you Strickland - Moto is actually better than Cav at rebounding by every metric. So I'm pretty sure your starting lineup would actually better at rebounding and perimeter defense than our normal starting lineup.

I feel really sorry for Travis. He is the biggest player casualty in the Bzdisaster. If he had transferred to VCU two years ago he would likely be improving under Shaka with a chance to play in Europe and [Redacted] may not be the coach at Wake right now.

Hate to go negative with Travis but, one rebound? He plays like he had rather be anywhere other than on the court. Maybe the ankle is still bothering him and he should rest it for awhile.

Yeah Moto is a lot better on the offensive glass than Cav and they're roughly equivalent on the defensive glass.

Hate to go negative with Travis but, one rebound? He plays like he had rather be anywhere other than on the court. Maybe the ankle is still bothering him and he should rest it for awhile.

I agree. He seems to have checked out.

Travis is a micrcosm of [Redacted]'s tenure. Four years of Bzdkelik have extingiushed his confidence, development, and enthusisam. Much the same can be said after four years, with the students, alumnae, supporters, and the media. Ron Wellman made a horrible decision four years ago and created a cancer that has been allowed to continue to spread and permeate every facet of our, not so long ago, proud and successful basketball program.

The problem is you can check out and not make an effort or you can check out and be a black hole where the ball goes in and never comes out. Version 1 you get 4 shots a game, version 2 you get 15 shots a game.

The only problem of having Cav on the bench is that he's the only one that can make an entry pass to Devin.

Travis is a micrcosm of [Redacted]'s tenure. Four years of Bzdkelik have extingiushed his confidence, development, and enthusisam. Much the same can be said after four years, with the students, alumnae, supporters, and the media. Ron Wellman made a horrible decision four years ago and created a cancer that has been allowed to continue to spread and permeate every facet of our, not so long ago, proud and successful basketball program.

That is a spot on assessment of the situation.

Yeah remember when"Twitter" McKie was all about WFU?

Sad what Bzman did to that guy. And he had #culture to boot.

The 4 seems to get better and more looks in this "offense". I think Travis had his best game this year in the one game he played the 4. It was against shitty competition, of course, but still.

Hate to go negative with Travis but, one rebound? He plays like he would rather be anywhere other than on the court playing for Bzzz. Maybe the coach is still bothering him and he should rest it for awhile since his stock has fallen.

Gotcha

The problem is you can check out and not make an effort or you can check out and be a black hole where the ball goes in and never comes out. Version 1 you get 4 shots a game, version 2 you get 15 shots a game.

The only problem of having Cav on the bench is that he's the only one that can make an entry pass to Devin.

Is this supposed to be referring to Travis? He's fourth on the team in shot attempts and only averages about 7 and 1/2 a game.

Is this supposed to be referring to Travis? He's fourth on the team in shot attempts and only averages about 7 and 1/2 a game.

Exactly. My problem with Travis is that he is not attacking the basket. He also doesn't post up enough. With Devin at the high post with his passing ability Travis should be posting up the three guarding him. Evidently it's not in the game plan or Bz would be raising hell that we are not doing it. At any rate, Travis is not attacking the basket or demanding the ball.

Back