• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad Pro-Am Summer League

I was there. Only Rountree, CMM and Dre showed up partially because it was hastily moved to a new location last night and partially because of lack of interest. The decline does suck, but the players no longer feel obligated to show up.

So basically our two best players and the one with the most drive showed up to play against some different comp, while our players who need practice and repetition the most bailed on it? Got it.

Sorry. Read it as CMM and Dev. I guess that's good that Dre is out there.

this thread is so damn sad. just to think it wasn't that long ago we mocked the wuffies for hyping chavis league games.

thanks wellman you bitch

Milhouse, that was a long time ago.

Maybe more. I've been out of NC for 10 years and I think the Rusty League started before that.

Cameron Stanley was a Rusty League stud and he matriculated in 04 or. 05, right?

Having watched the 1st halves of the games I posted on the last page, I don't see much of a difference in any of our players. Tree's jumper may be a little better, but it's summer league I know and he had nowhere to go but up after what we saw last year. Devin, Madison, and Andre all look basically the same. This year is gonna suck (surprise, surprise). And someone please tell Devin to stop doing that horrible fadeaway jumper. I don't think I've ever seen him make one.

I heard Marcus Melvin went 8/11 from three.

this thread is so damn sad. just to think it wasn't that long ago we mocked the wuffies for hyping chavis league games.

thanks wellman you bitch

meh... we've been hyping these summer league games for as long as i can remember. even when we were good.

I'm so depressed about how far summer league has fallen in the last few years. We used to have a bunch of locals giving glowing reports to carry us through the summer. There was trash talking on the boards with the Holcomb-Fayes. Reports of how guys measured up to dudes that played 5-10 years ago and against the Guilford team. Alumni coming back and making guest appearances on the court. Now we can't even get a report, half our guys aren't even playing, no one cares about the league at all. There is no heart in Wake hoops anymore.
Anyone see the games last night?

My goodness you need to just chill out there duggus dude. This was always just a summertime basketball league where no defense was played and even if and when somebody scored 40 points in a game so what? And if somebody were to woof and bark at another player or two so what. Those Holcolmb-Faye fellows have aged on to where it does not matter and our own woofer and tweeter Chas Mcfarland has moved on to bigger or better things. What really counts is what our coaches are doing and what inroads they are making on the recruiting fronts over the next couple of years and then what they can do in the gymnasiums when they get to work with all of them. With what we were left to work with from that Jeff fellow and the other assistant coaches Jeff and Rusty we have a lot of ground to make up. This summer league has out lived its usefullness most probably.

thanks wellman you bitch

did we ever get the answer to where their second string would finish in the ACC?

From TOB:
Not much to tell as tonight was pretty much a farce. Nobody acted like they wanted to be there and very little effort was displayed. Aaron, Madison, Codi, Greg, and Andre were there bodily but not much mentally. They can not be blamed too much as this league has gone from bad to worse and I see no purpose in our guys being out there under these circumstances any more. It will have the "playoffs" Thursday night but I don't much think I will attend unless one of the players or coaches ask me to be there.

Back