• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Rocky Mount has a new dining/brewery district I'm looking forward to trying out.

Yeah man. I just went back to the Deli for lunch and I did horrible things to my body.

Great place. Most people don't realize it's the same owner/exact same menu as Lox, Stock, & Bagel on Battleground which is always jammed at lunch. So much easier to go to FCD

Travelled Farmer in Greensboro closing. Painted Plate catering now partnering w/ Kotis and going to use the building as event space.

Kotis can't seem to get many of his food/drink ideas to work, at least not in that location. Funny though is Mac's opened across the street (not Kotis owned) and it does great business. Maybe selling Pig Pounder beer instead of good beer isn't such a great idea.

Xcaret has recently opened. It is easily the best Mexican food in the greater Winston Salem Area. I've been twice so far. Great prices as well with Lunch/Dinner options.

Downtown Winston Salem, across from the CVS on 4th street, where Downtown Thai used to be.

Speaking of downtown, I have a rotation of places I go to eat. Am I missing any really good spots? (I don't go everyday, maybe 2 of these spots a week)

6th and Vine
Crafted
Burger Batch
Xcaret
Obrien's Deli
Local 27101
Hutch and Harris
Willows Bistro
Mellow Mushroom
Downtown Thai
Thai Harmony
Mary's Diner

Also Urban Street Grill (Korean BBQ) food truck is awesome on Friday's at Bailey Park.

I intentionally left off Famous Toastery because Mary's diner is better. And Camel City BBQ because they recently had a C rating.

Last edited:
Speaking of downtown, I have a rotation of places I go to eat. Am I missing any really good spots? (I don't go everyday, maybe 2 of these spots a week)

6th and Vine
Crafted
Burger Batch
Xcaret
Obrien's Deli
Local 27101
Hutch and Harris
Willows Bistro
Mellow Mushroom
Downtown Town
Thai Harmony
Mary's Diner

Also Urban Street Grill (Korean BBQ) food truck is awesome on Friday's at Bailey Park.

I intentionally left off Famous Toastery because Mary's diner is better. And Camel City BBQ because they recently had a C rating.

Quanto Basta? Agree re: Famous Toastery, but Mary's is packed every time I try to go. Anyone been to the rooftop bar since it opened.

6th and Vine
Crafted
Burger Batch
Xcaret
Obrien's Deli
Local 27101
Hutch and Harris
Willows Bistro
Mellow Mushroom
Downtown Thai
Thai Harmony
Mary's Diner

Spring House
Sweet Potatoes
West End Cafe

6th and Vine
Crafted
Burger Batch
Xcaret
Obrien's Deli
Local 27101
Hutch and Harris
Willows Bistro
Mellow Mushroom
Downtown Thai
Thai Harmony
Mary's Diner

How is Mission Pizza not on this list.

BTW, has anyone been to Sweet Potatoes since they’ve moved? It’s a bigger space but I’m hoping it hasn’t affected their quality/service.

6th and Vine
Crafted
Burger Batch
Xcaret
Obrien's Deli
Local 27101
Hutch and Harris
Willows Bistro
Mellow Mushroom
Downtown Thai
Thai Harmony
Mary's Diner

Oh Christ, you don't have Murphy's Lunch Counter on there. Shame. Shame on you.

3rd Street - it's right by nearly all of those places.

Oh Christ, you don't have Murphy's Lunch Counter on there. Shame. Shame on you.

3rd Street - it's right by nearly all of those places.

I walk by that everyday. But I have never tried it. It just isn't inviting.

I’d add Finmegan’s Wake.

I fucking love the reuben at O’Briens.

I've had 5 sandwiches at Obriens and loved them all. I shake my head at folks walking into Jimmy Johns next door. You might pay a buck more at Obrien's but it's so much better.

BTW, has anyone been to Sweet Potatoes since they’ve moved? It’s a bigger space but I’m hoping it hasn’t affected their quality/service.

Don't worry. Sweet Potatoes is still awesome. Food and service just as fantastic as they ever were.

Back