• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Everyone has said that restaurant's there for years have had terrible parking and they have all failed. Hops is the best restaurant there yet so maybe it will make it. But please, continue to act as if parking isn't an issue in that location. You are probably right, the public is probably wrong.

Everyone has said that restaurant's there for years have had terrible parking and they have all failed. Hops is the best restaurant there yet so maybe it will make it. But please, continue to act as if parking isn't an issue in that location. You are probably right, the public is probably wrong.

I don't think Bob's necessarily failed because of parking though.. it was pretty successful until some owner/management/kitchen changes fucked things up.

Typical MILLENNIAL response. Thanks for the smile

Parking isn't the issue that restaurant's there fail, but it definitely is one of the issues that can lead to failure. Hopefully Hop's doesn't ever have to worry with that.

Parking isn't the issue that restaurant's there fail, but it definitely is one of the issues that can lead to failure. Hopefully Hop's doesn't ever have to worry with that.

Parking can make or break a mediocre restaurant. But if the food is great then people will go despite the parking. I think that people will go to Hops regardless of the parking.

Any suggestions for places to eat/drink before or after a show at The Ramkat?

Also, how is The Ramkat?

Any suggestions for places to eat/drink before or after a show at The Ramkat?

Also, how is The Ramkat?

Last time I went I thought it was a cool space but man, there were some townies up top on the balcony just chatting the entire show and it pissed off the Hiss Golden Messenger lead singer a lot. Kinda spoiled the show a little. The way the acoustics work out people talking up there really spreads through the space, I'm not sure if they've fixed that or not in the last year or so or if you just need to hope you get an audience that's actually there to enjoy the music.

Before show at Ramkat: Mission Pizza or Crafted are my choices
After show: Earl's probably (think they serve food pretty late), this one is super close to Ramkat so probably also a good choice before if you're in a time crunch

ETA: Fiddlin' Fish and Wise Man also usually have food trucks on the weekends that are an option if you want to grab some beers and enjoy that scene.

Last time I went I thought it was a cool space but man, there were some townies up top on the balcony just chatting the entire show and it pissed off the Hiss Golden Messenger lead singer a lot. Kinda spoiled the show a little. The way the acoustics work out people talking up there really spreads through the space, I'm not sure if they've fixed that or not in the last year or so or if you just need to hope you get an audience that's actually there to enjoy the music.

After show: Earl's probably (think they serve food pretty late), this one is super close to Ramkat so probably also a good choice before if you're in a time crunch

ETA: Fiddlin' Fish and Wise Man also usually have food trucks on the weekends that are an option if you want to grab some beers and enjoy that scene.

Both Wise Man and Fiddlin Fish have food trucks every day.

Thank you all. Think we will try to hit mission if we have time prior to the show.

That should be punishable by death, but I will also say that Hiss Golden Messenger played one of the quietest shows I've ever seen with a fully electric 7 piece band or something at the Cradle once, so homeboy may want to crank it up a tad. I almost killed someone at that show for talking too loud.

That's kind of an epidemic I've experienced lately. I was about to murder some Harvard kids at a gig in Boston earlier this year, but then realized all the adults in the upper level were jabbering away at inappropriate levels, as well. So inconsiderate.

Thank you all. Think we will try to hit mission if we have time prior to the show.

I've said this before, but I'll say it again -- Mission Pizza is run by a Deac alum/Winston native, so that's an added bonus if you take those things into consideration.

That should be punishable by death, but I will also say that Hiss Golden Messenger played one of the quietest shows I've ever seen with a fully electric 7 piece band or something at the Cradle once, so homeboy may want to crank it up a tad. I almost killed someone at that show for talking too loud.

That's kind of an epidemic I've experienced lately. I was about to murder some Harvard kids at a gig in Boston earlier this year, but then realized all the adults in the upper level were jabbering away at inappropriate levels, as well. So inconsiderate.

If you can hear anything other than your brain buzzing inside your skull at the Cat’s Cradle then the band must be playing on volume level 1. Every show I’ve ever seen in that old gymnasium of a building left my ears ringing for days.

I'm super late responding to this, but yeah, he definitely plays on the quieter side, I feel like he really likes making it dynamic and forcing the entire crowd to actually listen. The shitty part is that when you do that it just takes a few fuckos to ruin it for everyone.

It's terrible man, if you want to talk and catch up with friends, don't do it a concert, go get dinner or coffee or go to a bar, anywhere without a live show being played.

Tried Hops W-S finally. It was every bit as good as their Gboro fair. Don't get the 12oz unless you have zero plans afterwards.

Back