• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

I'm not sure how long Earl's is gonna last. Both times we've gone it's been just OK food, and the order/service system is dumb.

The addition of Hoots, the Axe Throwing place and Radar mixed with the traffic of Wise Man and Fiddlin Fish should keep them afloat longer than they should be. Apparently they are calling that area “Industry Hill” now and it’s all going to be developed into the next downtown hotspot a la Bailey Park.

And it still took them like 20 min to get us our food. Which is like fried chicken sandwiches.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/n...FOXTb8e3cl3jp6kp6ThZd2zSDVZon_HNi8GZ7wt11Gdjc

The Triad restaurants to earn Three Diamonds:

Winston-Salem

Bernardin's Restuarant at Zevely House
Bleu Restaurant & Bar
Paul's Fine Italian Dining
Milner's American Southern
Mozelle's Fresh Southern Bistro
Rooster's Ktichen, A Noble Grille
Ryan's Restaurant
Village Tavern

Greensboro

1618 Seafood Grille (Friendly Ave.)
Di Valletta
Green Valley Grill
Liberty Oak Restaurant & Bar
Lucky 32
Print Works Bistro
Undercurrent Restaurant

Burlington

Grill 584

Ten North Carolina restaurants earned Four Diamonds from AAA, including four in the Triangle. The Four Diamond restaurants are:

Second Empire Restaurant and Tavern in Raleigh
The Fairview Dining Room in Durham
Crossroads Chapel Hill
Il Palio Ristorante in Chapel Hill
Kimball's Kitchen in Duck
Manna in Wilmington
1895 Grille in Pinehurst
Chef and The Farmer, Kinston
McNinch House, Charlotte
Gamekeeper Restaurant & Bar, Boone

Lucky 32 is a fine restaurant, but there are better in Greensboro. They have a thing for the quaintance weaver restaurants.

Village Tavern is fucking garbage. It’s an upscale Chili’s.

That's townie sacrilege! Take it back!

Not if he's just talking about the HMB location. The one in the Village is the only one I consider. Like "Little Richard's." If it ain't owned by a guy named Richard, it ain't Richard's.

Yesterday I met a bud at Bib's for breakfast, and a goddamn commercial for "LR's" came on the TV. We literally booed until the waitress came over to see what was up, and we all cracked on it.

Last edited:
Not if he's just talking about the HMB location. The one in the Village is the only one I consider. Like "Little Richard's." If it ain't owned by a guy named Richard, it ain't Richard's.

Yesterday I met a bud at Bib's for breakfast, and a goddamn commercial for "LR's" came on the TV. We literally booed until the waitress came over to see what was up, and we all cracked on it.

Who owns the new LR's on Stratford where 5 Points was?

Back