• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Why you going to HMB? There's clearly only one Village Tavern!

How does the one in Greensboro rate versus the 2 in Winston? I've never had a bad meal there but it is over-priced. I prefer Lucky 32 and PrintWorks over VT any day.

Lol, wtf is West Highlands.

RJR is right at the intersection between Ardmore, the West End, and Buena Vista.

Reynolds High School is in the West Highlands neighborhood.

I wouldn’t say so. That neighborhood stops at the train tracks along Northwest. West Highlands is like five blocks between Northwest where it intersects First Street and First Street where it intersects Hawthorne.

Lucky 32 used to be great in Winston.

Never been to the Greensboro one for obvious reasons.

Brasky and I will keep our (Mount Tabor) mouths shut then.

Though I was an Ardmore man, born and raised

It’s all good, like I said it barely counts as a neighborhood. I’m trying to think of a Taborville comp. I’m sure there’s some little hovel off Allistair that swears they’re different than the rest of Allistair.

But doesn’t Allistair have a ton of named developments/neighborhoods?

How does the one in Greensboro rate versus the 2 in Winston? I've never had a bad meal there but it is over-priced. I prefer Lucky 32 and PrintWorks over VT any day.

the one in GSO is just like the Hanes Mall Blvd. VT in Winston. Used to go more often when I lived on that side of town. I agree that Lucky 32 or Printworks are better. Also love Green Valley Grill for the Quaintance Weaver trifecta of good food.

the one in GSO is just like the Hanes Mall Blvd. VT in Winston. Used to go more often when I lived on that side of town. I agree that Lucky 32 or Printworks are better. Also love Green Valley Grill for the Quaintance Weaver trifecta of good food.

Greensboro VT location has a pretty happening bar/dinner scene, or did last time I was there a couple years ago. Rank in my opinion 1 Reynolda 2 GSO 3 HMB/Hell

Had a nice take out dinner from The Porch.

Hearing from a couple of people about Ryan’s converting into a market for good quality uncooked food and supplies as well as decent takeout meals.

Haven’t tried it myself.

Terrible news.

https://myfox8.com/news/coronavirus/high-point-barbecue-staple-carter-brothers-will-not-reopen/

HIGH POINT, N.C. — A popular High Point barbecue restaurant will not reopen, the restaurant manager confirmed to FOX8.

Carter Brothers, at 3802 Samet Drive, was forced to close amid the coronavirus outbreak and stay-at-home orders.

On Monday, employees were told the restaurant would not be reopening.

Last year, the restaurant closed its North Main Street location.

Carter Brothers first opened its doors in 1997.

Back