• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Cheddar's on Hanes Mall closing for good. Company also owns the Olive Garden and Longhorn, and those will stay open.

Did they intentionally name themselves...Cheddar's?

Cheddar's on Hanes Mall closing for good. Company also owns the Olive Garden and Longhorn, and those will stay open.

It blows my mind how many random restaurants are on that stretch of Hanes Mall Blvd. Does anyone ever intentionally head to that part of town when going out to eat? I can understand having a few spots because of the shopping traffic but there are so many places back there.

It blows my mind how many random restaurants are on that stretch of Hanes Mall Blvd. Does anyone ever intentionally head to that part of town when going out to eat? I can understand having a few spots because of the shopping traffic but there are so many places back there.

Every time I pass through I think the same thing. There are so many places, and not one of them is ever on my mind to eat at. I don't really understand who all is populating these places every single day.

Every time I pass through I think the same thing. There are so many places, and not one of them is ever on my mind to eat at. I don't really understand who all is populating these places every single day.

These are the places the reopen crowd wanna hit

Some people are making their occasional trips ‘to the big city’ to shop and eat. Others are pragmatic and combine eating with their errand. Some people just like sit-down chains.

But I’m with you all - that would never be my choice unless I scored an illusory reservation to OG.

That cajun chicken linguini at California pizza kitchen is pretty damn good though

To quote Yogi Berra, nobody ever goes there because they're too crowded. I can't say but about the one on HMB but the other Cheddar's I've been to were alright. Taking the black beans off the menu cost them points in my book.

Last edited:
To quote Yogi Berra, nobody ever goes there because they're too crowded. I can't say but about the one on HMB but the other Cheddar's I've been to were alright. Taking the black beans off the menu cost them points in my book.

Lol. This is a great post.

It has been years since I have been in WS but these are my memories of HMB restaurants. Firebirds isn’t awful as far as chain steakhouses go. Brixx we actually enjoyed every now and then. Cheddars was not good. Never went to that toast place. Also aren’t there apartments back there now? What is above the restaurants - offices?

Any update on Putters reopening? Need to hit this place up and keep it going.

Specifically as we approach Phase 2?

They've stayed open for take-out - even in a styrofoam tray, the soft-chips and french dip were just as good as ever.

Yup, and it’s everyone from the sticks who still visit the mall. I don’t know how that place is still open in the 21st century.

There is a ton of offices and a hospital over there too. Lots of rooftops in the area as well.

ows_405c1737-1228-471b-8c34-ac203225c0ed.jpg

Back