• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Have only been to 600 once but absolutely loved it. Plan on going back again soon

New but familiar ownership at the Moon. Been forever but many fond/hazy/sketchy memories there, glad it's sticking around.

Looking for some good non-fancy food in GSO - is Hops still tasty or is there a better option?

Hops is still good My favorite is still Freeman’s Grub and Pub.

The guy who opened Machete is opening a Japanese themed ramen/skewers bar and food place in downtown Greensboro.

Ate at Marlin on Stratford Rd tonight. Not at all what I expected, and holy shit they're expensive. Sparse crowd, and I don't see it staying open long term.

Ate at Marlin on Stratford Rd tonight. Not at all what I expected, and holy shit they're expensive. Sparse crowd, and I don't see it staying open long term.

I've not eaten there, but based on their website prices, and never more than 6 cars in the lot, I've thought the same since they opened.

Need some recs for nicer places in Winston-Salem for a dinner this week. There will three of us, a co-manager from CLT, and my boss is flying in from NYC. Obviously Ryans, 600, are on the list. Looking for other suggestions that I can present for them to choose from.

Need some recs for nicer places in Winston-Salem for a dinner this week. There will three of us, a co-manager from CLT, and my boss is flying in from NYC. Obviously Ryans, 600, are on the list. Looking for other suggestions that I can present for them to choose from.
Spring House or Bernardin's

Is Meridian still any good?

Only been to Meridian once but it was like their menu was constructed with me in mind. There were 5-6 entrees that all just sounded perfect to me. I don’t remember exactly what we got but it was all delicious. Cocktails really good too.

These were the two that came to my mind and I'd probably choose both over Meridian. Nothing really against Meridian, I just think Bernardin's specifically is better and more consistent.

Sage and Salt opened in Willow's - haven't been or really heard much but it's an option.

I really like Cibo Trattoria as a date spot, not sure how it is for business.

Downtown Grille in 500W 5th was built for what specifically feels like business dinners.

1703 I feel like always gets overlooked and I've always enjoyed it.

Second on Bernardin’s. Went to dinner a few years ago on a whim with some folks after a law board meeting and the food was excellent. I also remember we were amazed at the markup (or lack thereof) on wine - we got a few cabs that were like $115 for stuff that retails for $75+.

Back