• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

My only Spring House experience, prior to last night... was for a bizarre Ramen Pop-up.

They apparently launched an entirely new menu last night & it was spectacular.

Definitely worth checking out again.

Anyone tried East of Texas?

Went for lunch. Lunch is more sandwich and tacos whereas dinner you can get a tray. I had Brisket Sandwich and it was very good but pricey at $18.

Neat spot. Grand Opening Saturday.

Went to Twisted Pine (old Crafted location on Liberty st) last night and everything we had (Burgers, Tacos, Salads, Nachos) was solid, and will definitely go back. Service was great.

Went to Twisted Pine (old Crafted location on Liberty st) last night and everything we had (Burgers, Tacos, Salads, Nachos) was solid, and will definitely go back. Service was great.
Does it look like it might be somewhat toddler friendly if you went early enough (5-5:30?)? Crafted in that spot was great for that time frame.

Does it look like it might be somewhat toddler friendly if you went early enough (5-5:30?)? Crafted in that spot was great for that time frame.
For sure, I will say there seems to be a high % of bar top seating versus tables, but getting a table at that time shouldn't be a problem. We waited a few minutes for a table since there were 6 of us, and a couple kids as well (that act like toddlers!), but they fared just fine. One of them has eaten there multiple times and loves the Mac and Cheese that you can add protein to.

Not quite a restaurant, but Baked Just So is closing their doors on June 3rd.

That had become our neighborhood bakery/coffee place over the past five years. Sad to see it go.

Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but went to 3T's Chicken and shakes in Burlington last week and they have a very good chicken sandwhich. Several options with that sandwhich too.

That location is cursed.
I mean Bob's was doing pretty great business for awhile there (and was an awesome spot).

Hops wasn't hurting for business either, didn't it just close because they were tired of trying to maintain second location/hire with the current state of the service industry?

The guy's wife is Thai, so why not???
Cook what you know I guess! Just seems odd to cater a menu to a weird mix of what you want to cook and what might appease a pub crowd or regulars at the old spot? I feel like it's a better business decision to specialize and do your food damn well unless you've got a great location/environment.

IDK why I'd choose to go here over, say, Quiet Pint... which also has a pub menu w/some asian dishes thrown in, but also has the benefit of a great toddler friendly patio.

Back