• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Tried out Hawgfish BBQ Seafood Shack last night on Stratford Rd in Clemmons. The owner also owns the BreakfastTime chain. The Mrs. had smoked brisket and smoked turkey. I had the seafood platter.

The food was good, prices were reasonable, and the amount of food was astounding. We both took home to go boxes with easily another meal inside.
I've driven past that place several times during lunch on weekdays, and never seen more than two cars in that. huge lot. I'm actually surprised they're still open.

I've driven past that place several times during lunch on weekdays, and never seen more than two cars in that. huge lot. I'm actually surprised they're still open.
Due to staffing, they're only open for dinner during the week, but lunch and dinner on the weekends. We went at 5:30 and the place was already packed.

I often drive by there in the evenings on weekdays and the lot is always packed, cars even parked in the lot next door.

Haven’t seen it mentioned recently but the pimento cheese burger at Campus Gas is probably my favorite burger in Winston Salem
Miller's in Mocksville was the first pimento cheese burger I ever had. Shitty little McDonald's size hamburger/bun but the combo of pimento cheese, your choice of slaw, chili, and onions then pressed so the pimento cheese melts just enough is soooo good. Add a footlong hot dog all the way, crinkle cut fries extra crispy and a Cheerwine. So good!

I often drive by there in the evenings on weekdays and the lot is always packed, cars even parked in the lot next door.
This! Live about 5 minutes and the place is always packed when open. Love the popcorn shrimp platter. Reminds me of the old Yacht House seafood restaurant that was off Country Club Rd. RIP

I’m at Dram & Draught right now and the guys working here are talking about them opening a Winston-Salem location soon. Y’all definitely need to check it out when it does open. Great cocktails and extensive collection of bourbon/scotch.

I’m at Dram & Draught right now and the guys working here are talking about them opening a Winston-Salem location soon. Y’all definitely need to check it out when it does open. Great cocktails and extensive collection of bourbon/scotch.
I’ve found their beer selection a little lacking, at least at the Greensboro location (full disclosure, I’m not an IPA guy, so YMMV)

I’ve found their beer selection a little lacking, at least at the Greensboro location (full disclosure, I’m not an IPA guy, so YMMV)
It’s definitely not a place I would go for beer or wine. They have options if somebody in a group prefers beer but certainly a cocktail bar at heart. I’m looking at the Durham list right now and they have 14 beers on tap including some decent NC stuff plus the usual domestics so good enough in a pinch.

Think they are doing a soft open this weekend actually. I'm guessing it's not too kid friendly?

The Remedy opened this week in the West End, next to Joymongers. They did a fantastic job with the renovation.

Mediterraneo in Clemmons is quickly becoming one of my favorite local places. They claim to be a mix of Italian and Lebanese. We love the gyro pita and the gyro salad.

Mediterraneo in Clemmons is quickly becoming one of my favorite local places. They claim to be a mix of Italian and Lebanese. We love the gyro pita and the gyro salad.
I work across the street basically and eat at that Moe’s next door multiple times per month. The Strombolis and Calzones at Mediterraneo are so damn good, but it takes 30-40 minutes to get them at lunch sometimes

I work across the street basically and eat at that Moe’s next door multiple times per month. The Strombolis and Calzones at Mediterraneo are so damn good, but it takes 30-40 minutes to get them at lunch sometimes
Now that my wife has opened up her law firm in Clemmons, I'm hoping to convince her to order take out from there every so often. We both love it, and its only a couple miles from her office.

Back