• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Not a restaurant but Jugheads Growlers and Pints (on Country Club Road) set to open (finally) on Friday, May 15.

Will believe it when I fill my first growler there.

Actually, the photos online look much nicer than expected. The fact that it's on my way to/from WSNLL is bonus for me!

Checked out Crafted for the first time this week and it was worth the hype.

Also, not a restaurant, but the Greek festival is this weekend in Winston-Salem. Always look forward to getting that food!

Is there a bar going in on 4th street in Winston next to Rec Billiards? They have been doing a complete renovation of the space and it looks like the left hand side of the room is a bar but I haven't seen any signage, or remember any announcements.

Is there a bar going in on 4th street next to Rec Billiards? They have been doing a complete renovation of the space and it looks like the left hand side of the room is a bar but I haven't seen any signage, or remember any announcements.

Hutch and Harris expansion?

Not a restaurant but Jugheads Growlers and Pints (on Country Club Road) set to open (finally) on Friday, May 15.

Checked it out Saturday...it's legit. At least 25 beers on tap for pints and/or growlers. Very limited selection beyond what's on tap.

Great view of a gas station. Haven't been there yet but it is one of the big three with Hops and Emma Keys

No atmosphere. No scenery. But if you're simply looking for the best burger in the area (maybe the best burger anywhere), try.....

The Big Burger Spot on Nicholas Road, just off Guilford College Road, in Greensboro.

That is all.

It is good but not the end all be all of burger joints.

Goat cheese burger and rosemary fries are the best.

I have been to Hops and Emma Keys. I like Hops better.

I like Emma Key's better, but it's really like choosing which kid you love more.

I love BBS so hard. I thought EK was good but not spectacular.

Didn't realize bbs had opened a second location

My wife is a 24/7 caregiver for her 95-year old mother who lives with us and has been under hospice care for 3+ years now. We have a sitter on Monday & Thursday and I usually like to give my wife a break & get her out of the house by taking her to lunch on one of those days each week, then making a run to Maxie B, Costco, Panera (to get soup for her mother) & maybe a shop or two at the mall, etc. We've eaten at several places in Greensboro...such as Phoenix, Changs, Lucky 32, Liberty Oak, Cinci's, Mello Mushroom, Natty Greene, Village Tavern, Duvall's, Josephine's (didn't like), Carabbas, Bone Fish, etc., just to name a few that come to mind. I called Hops a few minutes ago and they are open today, so I think we will try that place for lunch today. From everything I've read here and elsewhere, it must be a really good place.

You ought to give Josephine's another try. I've been there a bunch, and have always liked it. If you like pizza, you should also check out Sticks and Stones (corner of Walker and Elam, right next to Emma Key's).

I've never been to BBS, so I will have to check that out. Love Hop's. Was disappointed in Emma Key's the few times I went there. I though Burger Warfare was alright, but a bit expensive for what it is.

Back