• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Went to Honey Pot in W-S over the weekend. Outstanding. They let you bring drinks over from Tate's, which means HP has a solid beer list.

How is this legal?

Sounds like roughly the same menu.

bobknightfan;2144302 The Big Burger Spot....[B said:
still[/B] the best burgers I have ever had in my life!

I feel sad for you. They are good burgers but I have had many that are better. You need to get out more.

Doing take out tonight from big burger spot. will report back with my review.

Well, I am fully aware of your negative feelings toward me. You make them crystal clear in every response to any post I make on any subject. And, seriously, that's O.K. I have no problem with that. There is nothing in my psychological make-up that requires positive reinforcement from you to function in life.

However, when you become so consumed with those negative feelings that you feel compelled to extend them to the point that you say that you feel "sad" for me because we have different tastes in hamburgers, that is, in itself, rather sad. I mean, really, picking a fuss over hamburger preferences? You are certainly entitled to your own opinion in this rather trivial matter....but you are not also entitled to my opinion (or anyone else's). After all, we are only talking about different personal tastes in hamburgers here. I don't see any reason to feel "sad" for someone because they like a different hamburger than you like.

Get a life.

yeah, i mean it's not like BKF has had Hodad's or Poe's or anything

How is the Big Burger Spot compared to other burger locations around the area? I don't get to the boro much but was wondering if was worth a trip to it sometime when I was in the area.

Can't we all just agree to disagree on the big three burger places in Greensboro? It's been handed and rehashed on this thread...

Ok had big burger spot and it was pretty damn good. Big Carolina burger with onion rings. Still like hops better but its close. Better than emma keys imo

Can't we all just agree to disagree on the big three burger places in Greensboro? It's been handed and rehashed on this thread...

Nope. We can agree to disagree on Emma Keys and Hops and anything else is not on the same level.

Well, I am fully aware of your negative feelings toward me. You make them crystal clear in every response to any post I make on any subject. And, seriously, that's O.K. I have no problem with that. There is nothing in my psychological make-up that requires positive reinforcement from you to function in life.

However, when you become so consumed with those negative feelings that you feel compelled to extend them to the point that you say that you feel "sad" for me because we have different tastes in hamburgers, that is, in itself, rather sad. I mean, really, picking a fuss over hamburger preferences? You are certainly entitled to your own opinion in this rather trivial matter....but you are not also entitled to my opinion (or anyone else's). After all, we are only talking about different personal tastes in hamburgers here. I don't see any reason to feel "sad" for someone because they like a different hamburger than you like.

Get a life.

Have you been editing your ignore list? I'm surprised you saw my post.

My "sadness" for you is only due to the fact that your culinary experience is so limited that you believe BBS to be the best burger you have ever eaten. There is a big world out there with lots of great hamburgers. I hope that you get to try some of them some day.

LOL. I cleaned off my ignore list except for negreps....which I think are silly. (I decided to stop doing negreps here about two years ago....and I never did that many on a relative basis even before that. One of the mods released posters' numbers on that...on a voluntary basis, of course...sometime ago.)

However, I don't buy your last explanation for a minute. Your antipathy toward me has nothing to do with hamburgers....and you know that. You just can't help yourself. :)

Yep, you got me. But up misinterpret my replies to your posts. I have no antipathy toward you. I am concerned about you. Anyone who so consistently makes it their mission to remind everyone on a sports message board how rotten and sad and corrupt the world is- sports, politics, culture, etc.- and who has devoted his life to following a great basketball coach who happens to be a miserable human being and who then proclaims a mediocre to good hamburger to be the "best burger" he'e ever eaten is obviously crying for help. Let us help you. Help us to help you!

so enough burger talk, let's talk brunch. Mozelle's is solid. I love Hutch and Harris but the service there always seems to be lacking. Milner's for HTTD's birthday was pretty phenomenal

Have wanted to try but haven't yet: Willow's Bistro, The Porch

McCoul's has a nice brunch. I have heard Crafted's brunch is good.

Village Tavern has always had a good brunch I thought.

so enough burger talk, let's talk brunch. Mozelle's is solid. I love Hutch and Harris but the service there always seems to be lacking. Milner's for HTTD's birthday was pretty phenomenal

Have wanted to try but haven't yet: Willow's Bistro, The Porch

Willow's brunch is awesome. I've been wanting to try the porch as well.

We went to Lucky 32 for brunch on Mother's Day and I thought it was very good. I had smoked salmon eggs benedict.

Green Valley Grill has a solid brunch. Or did last time my kids allowed me to do such a thing as "brunch".

Back