• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

I had Big Burger Spot for lunch yesterday and it was tasty. I got the "almost" size pimento cheese burger. A little pricier than my normal workday lunch (usually Mi Pueblo) but it was solid. Neither my friend or I could finish our fries though, so I think those could be shared next time.

For brunch in Winston, The Porch is nice, and I also like Hutch & Harris. Five Points is good too, and they are pretty large, so I've never had an issue seating a bigger party quickly there.

Downtown Thai moving back to its original location across the street.

Has Los Gordos on Battleground been mentioned in this thread? Excellent, excellent Mexican food. It seems to be made by a real chef cooking real food with real creative/traditional recipes, as opposed to a hack unpacking a box of ingredients from Jose's Mexican Restaurant Food Supply, Inc. We've been there three times, had something different every time, and it's always been substantially better than any run of the mill Mexican place in Greensboro. The best thing is the pricing is about the same as a place like Mi Pueblo or the old Mexico that shut down.

Downtown Thai moving back to its original location across the street.

Good call. I never liked the new location as much, and the old spot has been one crappy bar/wing joint after another since the move. Same owner, but multiple unpopular efforts.

Last edited:
Just got done at QB's downtown. It was resoundingly meh.

Just got done at QB's downtown. It was resoundingly meh.

I had dinner at QB at the exact same time last night. First time there, thought it was pretty good, had the cheese tray and Chicken Parm. I wish they had a better beer selection. I understand having a significant portion of the beer list be Italian, but sliding in an IPA or two should be acceptable.

I had dinner at QB at the exact same time last night. First time there, thought it was pretty good, had the cheese tray and Chicken Parm. I wish they had a better beer selection. I understand having a significant portion of the beer list be Italian, but sliding in an IPA or two should be acceptable.

Creeeeepyyyyyy. I had Delirium which I absolutely love but at $12 a beer it's a bit pricy. I didn't check out many of the other beers. Thought the menu was interesting. Had the shrimp dish. The Shrimp flavor was really good but the noodles were only alright imo. Thought it's worth checking out but imo there are better Italian places around town.

Has Los Gordos on Battleground been mentioned in this thread? Excellent, excellent Mexican food. It seems to be made by a real chef cooking real food with real creative/traditional recipes, as opposed to a hack unpacking a box of ingredients from Jose's Mexican Restaurant Food Supply, Inc. We've been there three times, had something different every time, and it's always been substantially better than any run of the mill Mexican place in Greensboro. The best thing is the pricing is about the same as a place like Mi Pueblo or the old Mexico that shut down.

I'll have to give it a shot. Have you had El Camino Real on Spring Garden? I think it's a notch above the usual Mexican restaurant.

I'll have to give it a shot. Have you had El Camino Real on Spring Garden? I think it's a notch above the usual Mexican restaurant.

Wanna try both of those. The best I've had in the area is Kiosco on Spring Garden.

Kiosco is our usual go to. Need to give Los Gordos a try since it's closer.

I have not had anything tasty at Kiosco in a year. We live very close to it, and they are very generous to our kid's elementary school, but we just don't think the food is any good. Try Los Gordos, you'll thank me. The chips and salsa alone will knock your socks off.

Sweet. Winston needs more chains.

Completely agree with not wanting more chains, but I am not sure I would put a 6 location restaurant in the "chain" category like the article did.

I have not had anything tasty at Kiosco in a year. We live very close to it, and they are very generous to our kid's elementary school, but we just don't think the food is any good. Try Los Gordos, you'll thank me. The chips and salsa alone will knock your socks off.

Will do. Honestly, there's not really a Mexican place in Greensboro that we love anyway since we moved here from Texas.

Have anyone tried the burgers at Nazareth Bread on West Market in Greensboro (www.nazarethbread.com)? I had the Greek burger and I thought it compared favorably to the burgers I'vehad at BBS on Nicholas Rd.

Back