• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Has Los Gordos on Battleground been mentioned in this thread? Excellent, excellent Mexican food. It seems to be made by a real chef cooking real food with real creative/traditional recipes, as opposed to a hack unpacking a box of ingredients from Jose's Mexican Restaurant Food Supply, Inc. We've been there three times, had something different every time, and it's always been substantially better than any run of the mill Mexican place in Greensboro. The best thing is the pricing is about the same as a place like Mi Pueblo or the old Mexico that shut down.

...If you go for lunch during the week. We went yesterday for lunch and the food was really good, but slow and a bit pricey for lunch (most plates were $11-15). The food was really good, though.

http://www.journalnow.com/home_food...cle_92e3d330-1f52-11e5-8c78-cb3d52e4ca90.html

The owners of the former Miami Café will be opening a new restaurant downtown in the former Christopher’s 1776 location at 712 Brookstown Avenue.

Miami Restaurant & Bar will have some of the favorite sandwiches from Miami Café, including the Cubano, made with pork, ham and Swiss cheese. But it also will have more entrees on the regular menu, including ropa vieja, Cuban shredded beef and peppers in a tomato sauce; lechon asado, marinated and slowly roasted pork shoulder; and mofongo, mashed plantains and pork rinds served with rice and pork.

So apparently TripAdvisor has named Hops the best burger joint in the nation.

The nation, people.

http://www.journalnow.com/home_food...cle_92e3d330-1f52-11e5-8c78-cb3d52e4ca90.html

The owners of the former Miami Café will be opening a new restaurant downtown in the former Christopher’s 1776 location at 712 Brookstown Avenue.

Miami Restaurant & Bar will have some of the favorite sandwiches from Miami Café, including the Cubano, made with pork, ham and Swiss cheese. But it also will have more entrees on the regular menu, including ropa vieja, Cuban shredded beef and peppers in a tomato sauce; lechon asado, marinated and slowly roasted pork shoulder; and mofongo, mashed plantains and pork rinds served with rice and pork.
Freaking finally

So apparently TripAdvisor has named Hops the best burger joint in the nation.

The nation, people.

That's pretty awesome. And you thought there was a wait before. Maybe they can expand their seating / move to a bigger space.

That's pretty awesome. And you thought there was a wait before. Maybe they can expand their seating / move to a bigger space.

They should take over the space Josephine's is vacating.

I think the Josephine's people are opening a breakfast/lunch concept in that space. To be called Scrambled I think.

I imagine Hops cannot expand on its current lot without a zoning variance, it is already under parked. Not sure whether such a variance (to essentially allow everyone to park on street) would be obtainable.

Heard through the grapevine that Hops 2 will be happening. Still in planning stages.

I heard the samething Hops 2 near or on battleground. Winston Salem was also mentioned as phase 3 if they can find the right location.

Drove by around 11:40am today on my way to Emma Keys, it looked like it was lined out the door waiting to get in. Emma Key's was not busy when I got there ... the Hotel California burger hit the spot.

Bob's Big Gas Pub & Subs' old site at Reynolda & Northwest Blvd across from Hanes Park would seem like a no brainer for HOPS.

Heard an Italian place was going in the old Bob's location. Also read last night on Facebook that Pulliam's was opening up a 2nd location downtown in the Arts district. Just going to be serving hot dogs, no BBQ.

Back