• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Dinner at Vin 205 last night. Featuring Spanish wine and food this weekend. Excellent meal and pretty good guitarist playing.

They're putting it to a vote, but it's only dry in the sense you can't buy beer at a store. You can still serve at a restaurant.
You can't serve it at restaurants. A few let you bring your own and pay a corking fee, but restaurants can't serve their own. The 13 Bones location is the reason for this latest referendum. The guy putting in the Max Burger tried to get voluntary annexation to serve alcohol and the county vetoed it. That led to the push for a referendum.

http://www.journalnow.com/news/loca...cle_0dec801e-d28b-11e4-b90c-eb8563b124df.html

So I'm confused by the gambling that goes on at places like j. butlers in Lewisville/clemmons. Is that legalized in NC?

We tried to sit at that bar last night and the stream of folks feeding 1s and 5s into those machines was insane. This is far from a recommendation of that place.

Dinner at Vin 205 last night. Featuring Spanish wine and food this weekend. Excellent meal and pretty good guitarist playing.

We must have been there around the same time on Friday night. Had salmon and stuffed shrimp at the bar. I'm confused by their pricing between the sides (and why we had to check out at 3 different registers, all with the same employee), but other than that... It was a pretty good experience.

We must have been there around the same time on Friday night. Had salmon and stuffed shrimp at the bar. I'm confused by their pricing between the sides (and why we had to check out at 3 different registers, all with the same employee), but other than that... It was a pretty good experience.

Strange check out experience. We didn't have to do that. I sat at the bar too, around 7 pm I think. To the left of the older guy in the middle facing the bar. Paella and mussels. Very good.

I'm going to make Full Moon seriously question their all-you-can-eat crableg business model tonight.

I'm going to make Full Moon seriously question their all-you-can-eat crableg business model tonight.

jameis-winston-crabs-elite-daily.jpg

Captains Gallery in advance also has the all you can eat crab legs on Thursdays starting at 11am. I think the new winston hickory tavern has them everyday.

Captains Gallery in advance also has the all you can eat crab legs on Thursdays starting at 11am. I think the new winston hickory tavern has them everyday.

Ooh all you can eat crab legs 300 miles from the coast? Sign me up please!

Nope, I just have a rule of never eating seafood, unless I can see water from my seat.

Understandable.

However, AB says:

"Given their less than convenient size and shape, and the location of the fisheries, most snow and king crabs are cooked dismantled and flash frozen as soon as they get to the processing plant, which is usually on the boat that caught them. Now I know that a lot of really great grocery stores will have what looks like fresh crab legs in the fresh fish case but , I'd be willing to bet a leg and a leg that they came in the back door cooked frozen already. And it'd be a pretty safe bet because if the shell is red you know that it's already been cooked. Now I don't have a problem with this given the fact that crab is extremely perishable. If I wanted to cook crab legs tonight I would buy the freshly thawed item. But if I planned on holding them just even 24 hours, I would want to buy them frozen and do the thawing myself."

Understandable.

However, AB says:

"Given their less than convenient size and shape, and the location of the fisheries, most snow and king crabs are cooked dismantled and flash frozen as soon as they get to the processing plant, which is usually on the boat that caught them. Now I know that a lot of really great grocery stores will have what looks like fresh crab legs in the fresh fish case but , I'd be willing to bet a leg and a leg that they came in the back door cooked frozen already. And it'd be a pretty safe bet because if the shell is red you know that it's already been cooked. Now I don't have a problem with this given the fact that crab is extremely perishable. If I wanted to cook crab legs tonight I would buy the freshly thawed item. But if I planned on holding them just even 24 hours, I would want to buy them frozen and do the thawing myself."

Great. Have you ever worked in a restaurant? Particularly one that sells All-You-Can-Eat crab legs? They don't have AB selecting, handling or cooking the product.

I've found that most restaurants with a great view suck. There are plenty of exceptions I love to eat at, but having a water view as a requisite for eating seafood in a restaurant is lol dumb.

Great. Have you ever worked in a restaurant? Particularly one that sells All-You-Can-Eat crab legs? They don't have AB selecting, handling or cooking the product.

No. But, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Back