• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

I used to eat occasionally with HTTD, but he's back in W-S.

I'd be up for lunch if there's anyone in the HP/GSO area.

Bailey Park looks awesome. Winston has really #inclined since I left.

Local 27101

haven't heard anything

All I've heard is a bizarre story about the owner (older man) yelling at a customer for asking why their food was taking so long (apparently one order came out thirty minutes after the others) and somehow ending up with him telling the customer that he put chicken wings on the menu specifically for the Black Theatre Festival a couple of weeks ago.

We've been hitting up Zito's off Healy Drive in Winston the past week or so. Its a tiny place, but everything we've had there was great. Its a Greek family who moved to Canada and lived there for some time before moving to NC. Their gyro and poutine are amazing.

http://www.zitopizzeriaandgrill.com/

Yeah, that place sounds awesome. Definitely going to have to check it out ASAP

Mrstsy found out about it and we went Saturday with her family. Then we went again Wed for lunch, and they delivered to my work today for lunch. Their ingredients taste fresher than any other Greek place in Winston. The owner and his family run the place, with maybe one or two non family employees.

Greek lemon potatoes might be my favorite side of all time, brews' people know how to make a potato.

Random question, but other than the usual chains (i.e. Panera), where is the best soup in Winston-Salem/Triad?

I love the Pho at Thai Sawatdee on Healy Drive.

Back