• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

interesting concept:

"The new restaurant, located about 10 minutes away and closer to downtown at 901 Reynolda Road, is set to open Sept. 19. Following the name and address, everything on the menu will be $9.01.

Farina says the menu will include quality and affordable homemade dishes. Carmine's 901 Grill will offer nine appetizers, nine pizzas, nine pastas, nine salads and one creation of the day, also following the 901 concept. Carmine's will also offer beer and wines."

interesting concept:

"The new restaurant, located about 10 minutes away and closer to downtown at 901 Reynolda Road, is set to open Sept. 19. Following the name and address, everything on the menu will be $9.01.

Farina says the menu will include quality and affordable homemade dishes. Carmine's 901 Grill will offer nine appetizers, nine pizzas, nine pastas, nine salads and one creation of the day, also following the 901 concept. Carmine's will also offer beer and wines."
Yeah, that seems like a kind of weird thing to glom on to

From the owners of Carmine's on Jonestown, which has the worst service of any restaurant in North Carolina, possibly the entire Southeast

There are a couple of other Italian restaurants downtown, so they better get that fixed out of the gate. Price point might differentiate from the others, however.

I've heard nothing but fantastic things. Haven't been yet, but have been meaning to.

Problem is there is never a reason to head to downtown high point. My 2 visits have been right before the Veteran's Day Parade and the Christmas Parade.

I don't see how that price point can work uniformly when you take into account food costs, labor, etc.

finally made it there. excellent

I cant recall the name of it, but they have a burrito that is filled with chicken, steak, and shrimp that is absolutely amazing. I want to say its called either the Texana or California Burrito. The thing is massive, and you can only eat 1/2 of it. My brother is 400 lbs and he cant even finish the entire dish.

I don't see how that price point can work uniformly when you take into account food costs, labor, etc.

Regularly adjust portion sizes. It's like the Dollar Tree of restaurants...

just saw Beer Growler opening in W-S tomorrow. Corner of Robinhood/Peace Haven but should be a good spot to get tailgate items now football season is here

Just got back from another trip to Los Gordos tex mex on Battleground in the 'boro. Damn that place is good. Had pescado el suegro which is lightly fried sea bass in a tangy butter sauce with scallops and shrimp. Ridiculous. The chips don't come with died-red salsa out of a can, instead you get 2 salsas, one a housemade red smoky salsa and the other a white salsa that I can't even describe. So good.

Just got back from another trip to Los Gordos tex mex on Battleground in the 'boro. Damn that place is good. Had pescado el suegro which is lightly fried sea bass in a tangy butter sauce with scallops and shrimp. Ridiculous. The chips don't come with died-red salsa out of a can, instead you get 2 salsas, one a housemade red smoky salsa and the other a white salsa that I can't even describe. So good.

You got me hooked on that place. El Camino Real is another good tex mex spot.

Back