• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Ate at the Toastery that recently opened in WS where the District formerly was. Literally right next door to Mary's. Good food and excellent service. Eventually they will open the roof and have a dinner menu. It will be interesting to see how those two breakfast/lunch spots coexist. Certainly it should help reduce the very lengthy weekend wait at Mary's.

Correct. Although, I don't think ECW really needs to be in any wings discussion anymore than BW3 does ("Buffalo Wild Wings" for you youngsters).

You guys are cool and all, but you're totally fucking wrong. Sorry I'm not sorry.

Check it out. It's worth the trip to explore the area.

PSA: Ronni's is not better than Waldo's.

1) Ronni's wings are smaller.
2) Ronni's BBQ flavor sauce is basically chinese buffet Sweet and Sour sauce. It's...not good.
3) The pizza is on point for the price, but not something I would go there for.
4) Ronni's fries are ballin'. Almost as good as Dairy-O's.
5) Carib Jerk sauce is reasonable, but without any kick, leaves a little to be desired.

Lump all this on top of 1) no pitchers, 2) the general waldo's atmosphere, and 3) the location - it isn't close.

This is patently false. Agree on the other two. I like Ronni's sauces, their teriyaki is the best in town. I love their hot.

This probably deserves its own thread, but Rose's Deli is closing its doors December 19. Really REALLY bummed about this.

Damn. I've spent many hours on their patio, mostly on Friday afternoons, with a few pitchers. I will miss the place, but mainly because of the good times and not because of the food.

This probably deserves its own thread, but Rose's Deli is closing its doors December 19. Really REALLY bummed about this.

Will be in Winston Thurs and Fri - will make sure to hit up Rose's one last time for pitchers. Agree with Townie - service is downright awful and the food is just OK, but it holds a special place in my heart.

I may hit it up Friday. Give the free drink card one last whirl.

Rose's was a pretty terrible location. The gravity of the downtown revival just left it on an island.

Back