• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

My son's 30th b'day in Greensboro this weekend:
Saturday:
Fishbone's for lunch
PigPounder for one brew on the way to watch the Deacs on TV at the hotel
Café Europa for dinner
913 Whiskey Bar for after dinner drinks
Today:
Smith's Diner for breakfast
Wendy's/Siler City on the way home for lunch

Each was great in it's own way.
Happy birthday to the best Deacon fan in the world outside of 1 football/2 basketball games per year (NCSU grad)

The original Ham's was where the Mad Hatter is now, and it was great back in the 80s under the original ownership before it became a chain.

I have had some passable meals over the years in its chain existence, and some really crappy meals.

Went to Porterhouse Bar and Grill last night. Wasn't bad, but doesn't seem as good as it was when they opened.

Anyone remember the old Rock Ola chain?

Went to the one on Muirs Chapel right by Market Street a bunch. Liked it too. I think they had another location where kickback jacks is now.

Hitting up Scrambled for brunch this weekend. Pretty excited

I didn't know this place existed. Please write up your thoughts when you finish.

It's the folks from Josephine's and Lindley Park Filling Station (and, way back when, Emerywood Fine Foods). I haven't been there yet, but I bet it's good.

Heard great things about scrambled. Changs is way overpriced for what you get.

Scrambled was awesome. Their cheese grits may be the best I have ever had, definitely the best in years. Biscuits were great. I had French toast but definitely need to get back for a scramble or Benedict or something more savory soon!

Might do lunch there tomorrow. Are they next door to Hops, where Josephine's used to be?

Yep. The green eggs and ham came very highly recommended. This baby loves sweets or I would have definitely gone that route.

Back