• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Yep, that's what I did. Really enjoyed the food, service, and beer selection, but had anyone else noticed the abundance of redheads that serve there? My wife and I counted three naturals and one dye-job. It was a little weird. She got a gift card from a work buddy, so we'll definitely be back soon.

Fuck it, I'm there

Went to Twin City Slice last week before Christmas. Strolled in around 7PM, was the only person there. Dough was very thick and sponge-y, similar to shitty cafeteria, sports arena, or kids birthday party pizza.

But I paid for one slice, guy ended up giving me two, so that was cool.

It's a cool concept, and I think it could work if it was well-executed. This was not well-executed.

Not a "restaurant", but Duck Donuts is coming to Greensboro (late January), High Point (August) and Winston-Salem (TBD).

I saw that. What's the story of Duck Donuts that makes it special?

I saw that. What's the story of Duck Donuts that makes it special?

All of the donuts are made to order. They have a standard base donut, then you choose the glaze, topping and drizzle. Their menu sort of looks like a donut version of a pizza joint. You get a hot and fresh donut as you like it. They are also very visually appealing. They are a little on the pricey side for donuts - last dozen I bought was a little north of $12 - but totally worth it IMO. I had no idea how quickly the franchises had been spreading - the article I read this morning said there are like 128 locations in the works.

Tried to go to Crafted for lunch today and there was nowhere to park. Didn't realize how bad the parking sitch really is there.

Ended up at Putters, so all's well.

Tried to go to Crafted for lunch today and there was nowhere to park. Didn't realize how bad the parking sitch really is there.

Ended up at Putters, so all's well.

Winston-Salem mentality. There is a lot next door, across the street, and all of Trade St.'s options, but Hyphenites won't walk two blocks to eat.

Winston-Salem mentality. There is a lot next door, across the street, and all of Trade St.'s options, but Hyphenites won't walk two blocks to eat.

Don't disagree with ya at all about there being a lot of good spots downtown. I eat at those places every week and had Tacos in my heart. I was also in somewhat of a time crunch so I figured I could jet to putters and get Crafted one day next week.

How does Crafted's food truck compare to the restaurant? The food truck is here in HP at Brown Truck Brewery seemingly every week.

Ballsack.

BYM, start a new thread and harvest all the good things from this thread and put them on page 1.

People who aren't spending their time to condense 100+ pages of restaurant info.

<------------

How does Crafted's food truck compare to the restaurant? The food truck is here in HP at Brown Truck Brewery seemingly every week.

The nice part of the truck is that they have tacos and the street food too. So it's both concepts. I enjoyed it, but my boss was paying, so I may have been biased.

Just saw that the bandito burrito truck opened a physical restaurant on Friendly. I am definitely down for checking that out soon.

I have also heard good things about theology and will be headed there soon too!

Went to Twin City Slice last week before Christmas. Strolled in around 7PM, was the only person there. Dough was very thick and sponge-y, similar to shitty cafeteria, sports arena, or kids birthday party pizza.

But I paid for one slice, guy ended up giving me two, so that was cool.

It's a cool concept, and I think it could work if it was well-executed. This was not well-executed.

I checked out the FB page and it has 3 reviews. 1 star, 2 star and a 3 star. Don't think I'll rush out to try it.

Made it to Cin Cin for the first time a week or so ago.

Cocktails were good and the chicken & waffles pops were great.

Burger was alright - think it was the "no beer..." or something like that. I give it a 6/10 - burger patty itself was bleh but the toppings were pretty solid. Certainly was very filling and the fries were good. Get the feeling that the non-burger menu options are better than the burgers, yet they call themselves a burger bar.

What is "street food" exactly?

"Crafted – The Art of Street Food brings the flair and charm of the world’s street vendors under one roof. While the fare tastes exotic, patrons can dine confidently knowing if the ingredients can be bought locally, they are."

I've had both and prefer the much more extensive options offered at the restaurant. Both are good, though.

"Crafted – The Art of Street Food brings the flair and charm of the world’s street vendors under one roof. While the fare tastes exotic, patrons can dine confidently knowing if the ingredients can be bought locally, they are."

Street food is good if you're on someone else's dime. Not enough food for the $ unless they've changed it up recently.

Made it in the past week over to the new restaurants at Friendly (excluding Cheesecake Factory)

Rise - delicious biscuits. I had fried chicken biscuit with egg and cheese - it's a legitimate meal. Had one donut a while back and it was good as well
Pieology - not bad for the concept (about $9 for a personal pizza with as many toppings as you want). Same concept as Firestorm Pizza in Winston but I thought it was better quality.

Back