• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Had a really great pizza at pieology today. Herb butter, Alfredo and Pesto sauces, Chicken, Spicy Chicken, olives, mushrooms, artichokes, garlic, mozzarella and parmesan.

Then popped over to rise to grab dessert
6764bdcc0231c7c45c2a026a86aacb5b.jpg

Cookie dough bullseye

Finally had Captain Chen's over in Brassfield. Went with a group and got to try several dishes. The Chongqing Fish was unreal and everything else was delicious.

Only problem was Captain Chen's revenge...

Had a really great pizza at pieology today. Herb butter, Alfredo and Pesto sauces, Chicken, Spicy Chicken, olives, mushrooms, artichokes, garlic, mozzarella and parmesan.

So Pieology is good? Thought about it last time I went to a movie that way, but ended up at Jason's.

Honey Pot in downtown Winston-Salem closing. I heard it was solid, always wanted to go but never made it out there.

They were never open for lunch. Working downtown, it was never a lunch option for me, and so I never thought of it for dinner. Went there once shortly after it opened and it was really good, but it was honestly a place I never thought of when going out for dinner.

Has anyone ever been to Cincy's in downtown greensboro? Friend of mine told me about it but that it's only open for lunch so had never been. It's a Cincinnati style chili place.

^ it was quite good and different. That's too bad.

We went for the NYE chef's tasting service two years ago, and again on my birthday last year. Both times the food/drinks/service were on point. I love menus that revolve around what's available at the time. Unfortunately, the cost of being a current local availability high-end restaurant overtakes the concept if you aren't full 6 nights a week in W-S. Going to go ahead and make reservations for my birthday in February to get one last go-round.

Always enjoyed going to Honey Pot. Their asian food (ramen and okonomyaki) has been very good, and they always have great desserts. Not a big fan of their drink menu, but it doesn't matter, since I always hit up Tate's next door for a couple of rounds beforehand. Very disappointed that they couldn't make it, as I never had a bad meal there.

The WS Journal just released this article about Skippy's reopening soon under new ownership.

http://www.journalnow.com/news/loca...ngnews/&utm_medium=email&utm_content=headline

They project a reopening in mid-February in the same location, but intend to expand the floorspace.

I've heard through the DTWS grapevine that the pretzel recipe was included in the sale, and that the new ownership had to prove that they could replicate it to Mike and his family.

The bigger space will be a welcome addition as well, as I think there were 16 seats in the original.

I wish the Whitleys all the best, and will definitely do my best to help them succeed.

Carolina Ale house on Hanes Mall Blvd. any better or worse than the others? Looking for a decent place near the mall to eat and watch the playoff game

Carolina Ale house on Hanes Mall Blvd. any better or worse than the others? Looking for a decent place near the mall to eat and watch the playoff game

I've had some shitty service there, but Hickory Tavern or BW3 don't exactly stand out.

Carolina Ale House is ok. Food is not great and service sucks during games, but they have a very good and affordable beer selection.

Back