• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

project is definitely happening, last I heard was an opening in the first half of 2016 but don't quote me on that

I see the construction in process every day. Don't see beginning of 2016 but they are working on it.

I'm sure the job's largely not super interesting, but I bet the first time you throw debris down a multi-story chute into the construction dumpster is pretty fun

Looks like the spot where hops 2 was slated to go is back up for lease. I always thought that location didn't make sense because there is already a parking problem. Any word on if they have another location?

Looks like the spot where hops 2 was slated to go is back up for lease. I always thought that location didn't make sense because there is already a parking problem. Any word on if they have another location?

Was over there today and there's a lot of renovation going on. Didn't notice it was up for lease again.

This is the Shops on Lawndale, right? My barber is there and he told me last week Hop's is going in.

I don't think parking is that bad there at dinner time which is Hop's prime time. The only time I've ever had a problem parking there is (a) when the pharmacy has the free flu shots and the olds roll out in FORCE and (b) when Acme Comics has free comic book day.

This is the Shops on Lawndale, right? My barber is there and he told me last week Hop's is going in.

I don't think parking is that bad there at dinner time which is Hop's prime time. The only time I've ever had a problem parking there is (a) when the pharmacy has the free flu shots and the olds roll out in FORCE and (b) when Acme Comics has free comic book day.

It's already packed at lunch with Elizabeth's right there. And evenings can be pretty full depending on what's going on at Geeksboro. They need to expand the parking in the back. I rarely see more than 3-4 open spots near the location (usually you can find more by the drug store and walk), and I think Hops would increase traffic more than that.

Last edited:
It's already packed at lunch with Elizabeth's right there. And evenings can be pretty full depending on what's going on at Geeksboro. They need to expand the parking in the back. I rarely see more than 3-4 open spots near the location (usually you can find more by the drug store and walk), and I think Hops would increase traffic more than that.

The parking lot in the back (i.e. down in that hole) is leased by Elizabeth's for their exclusive use. I don't think there's any room for parking in the back other than that.

I go up there all the time around lunch, usually to get my hair cut, and I never have a problem down at the Hair Shop/drug store end of the lot. I don't think having to park by that drug store and walking 100 yards to a restaurant constitutes a parking problem at all.*

* Disclaimer: I am against all minimum parking requirements and believe the owners of a business should be able to decide for themselves whether a given site offers enough spots. Americans are incredibly and ridiculously whiny and entitled about wanting to park right in front of wherever they are going, whenever they want to go there. Therefore I recognize that my perception of "enough parking" is generally very much in the minority.

I agree with you on walking not being a big deal. I work from Geeksboro a good bit and often have to walk from the other end, it's not big deal. Even with that, I think Hops will draw in a crowd. I'm more concerned for the other businesses being crowded out.

It's going in there? I have a hard time parking for my fantasy football draft at Chumley's there on a Sunday afternoon.

And the problem there isn't that there isn't inconvenient parking. There is literally no place else to park.

This has disaster written all over it, IMO.

Despite the poor health scores, I tried Tin Tin buffet on Hanes Mall yesterday for lunch and... it's a fancier Hong Kong King Buffet. All the same items but with some real sushi and fewer roaches.

Back