• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trip to Italy

Man airfare is insane right now. When's the best time to book for a trip coming up next Summer? When my wife and I went in 2019, we paid like $650 a piece for RT to Rome out of Charlotte. I haven't see anything less than $1200 over the past month of looking

Man airfare is insane right now. When's the best time to book for a trip coming up next Summer? When my wife and I went in 2019, we paid like $650 a piece for RT to Rome out of Charlotte. I haven't see anything less than $1200 over the past month of looking
If you're open to other cities in Italy or plan on hopping around anyway, keep an eye on Milan. It doesn't tend to get hit with peak season pricing quite as bad as Rome does.

If you're open to other cities in Italy or plan on hopping around anyway, keep an eye on Milan. It doesn't tend to get hit with peak season pricing quite as bad as Rome does.

Definitely open to other cities. Rome is just a short train ride away.

summer flights to italy are expensive; $1200 is actually pretty good deal. You can go for 600 if you go off season but there's a reason it's offseason

Flights to Italy right now are actually pretty inexpensive. In fact, Europe as a whole is relatively cheap right now

Leave next Sunday. 10 nights counting the one spent on the plane.

Fly into Milan
2 nights in Parma. Doing a prosciutto and parmigiano tour

6 nights at Montestigliano, a villa outside Siena. Will do day trips to Siena, Florence, Montalcino, Montepulciano, San Gmigiano

Staying at Milan airport hotel last night. Might stop in Modena on way home.
Hey Barca, how about a run down of your trip plus pros and cons?

Hey Barca, how about a run down of your trip plus pros and cons?
Just got home last night. Well technically stopped the night at my in-laws to pick up our son but I sure will in the next few days! Amazing trip.

it's easy. do you have global entry? if so it's really easy.

american will have you download the CBP MPC app and use it to fill in a lot of stuff that allegedly speeds the process up too

Got my airfare booked for 4/17-4/27. AA out of Charlotte direct to Rome and direct back for $1300 in the main cabin with the estra leg room and seat room. Thought that was a pretty good deal.

Orvieto for 2-3 nights, Sienna for 4 nights, & Rome for 3 nights.

Wake Forest has a very cool and special relationship with Venice. Take advantage of that connection GoTo Venice And seek out advice etc. from the program folk. The students keep a web site with the latest happenings. Go by casa Artom and buy the kids pizza or something.

Back