• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

True Detective on HBO

I recall Season 1 being captivating from the very beginning, thanks to McConaughey. These first 2 eps by comparison have been pretty dull. I'm guessing it will improve, but no doubt these first 2 were rickety.

I recall Season 1 being captivating from the very beginning, thanks to McConaughey. These first 2 eps by comparison have been pretty dull. I'm guessing it will improve, but no doubt these first 2 were rickety.

Like two fatties attempting a standing 69

I feel like the writing is good but Vaughn can't execute his lines. Ani (McAdams) and Ray (Farrell) are a good duo.

The dialogue this season has been wooden and vague. Rust Cohle was awesome because he played against Hart. This season everyone is Rust Cohle and there are no relatable characters to keep the show grounded.

Marty Hart was relatable?

N4T_sAi4RXMl.gif

Did anyone else notice that one of Vince Vaughn's goons was a serious ginger (big bushy red beard)? Given how red-headed Colin Farrel's "kid" is, I'm not thinking that's a coincidence.

Did anyone else notice that one of Vince Vaughn's goons was a serious ginger (big bushy red beard)? Given how red-headed Colin Farrel's "kid" is, I'm not thinking that's a coincidence.

Worry about your own flaming red bush, fatty McGillicutty

eh pretty sure colin farrel killed the guy that raped his wife and is the probable father of their son

Well he killed the guy that Vince Vaughn told him was the guy.

Nothing to suggest that VV didn't order his ginger goon to rape the wife so that he could then summon CF and give him the name of some other enemy of VV to serve the dual purpose of getting rid of said enemy and having CF on his payroll.

Nothing to suggest that VV didn't order his ginger goon to rape the wife so that he could then summon CF and give him the name of some other enemy of VV to serve the dual purpose of getting rid of said enemy and having CF on his payroll.

Bingo. Couldn't have said it better myself.

They alluded to this in the show. This is what happened.

oh man definitely missed that. whend they do that?

I forget exactly what he said. When Ray left the bar for a second time, one of the goons said something to Frank and he alluded to the fact that Ray was taking care of the correct people., To me,it signaled that Frank was feeding him misinformation from the beginning. Also, (thanks reddit) the picture of the dude looks nothing like the kid:

Wt3cJNX.png

The kid looks more like one of the fat goons (as others have alluded to on this thread).

Back