• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

True Detective on HBO

My skin was absolutely CRAWLING when he was painting the outside of the school and then the recess bell rang and the kids came out and he was looking at them...slowly painting.

I think Rust said "at one point there was only dark. It looks to me like the lights winning"

Interesting point to show that Marty's wife was wearing a wedding ring.

The flowers line is so creepy. And I'm assuming that was then their father in that shed, with mouth sewn up? He looked alive, right?

Not sure I really understand the MO of the killer?

1) Preys on little kids
2) Tortures dude (father?) in shed and sewed his mouth shut
3) Abuse of half-sister
4) Religious aspect, tells Rust to take his mask off

Rust looking like Jesus Christ at the end was purposeful, right? Equating Rust to the " Savior".

And I believe the line was, "You're looking at it wrong. The sky thing. Once there was only dark. If you ask me the light's winning."

And her telling the story about the grandfather catching her. "The first time he caught me was in the cane, I felt the warm dirt, the warmth on my back." This grandfather is Tuttle, right? So Tuttle was probably sexually abusing them? And then Errol was getting off to her telling that story. Oh, god.

Definitely going to watch the whole series again when I get a chance. Understand that some things were not fully answered but as it said the police and FBI discredited rumors to Tuttle, the sprawl may have been even larger than we know, the amount of light they provided to the sky is still small compared to a whole world of dark.

I don't mind the loose ends except for the creepy daughter. Felt like that plotline should have been explained.

But happy with the finale.

Fuck Carcosa

The dude in the shed was decomposing. Sewing eyes/mouths shut is something they did in olden days and the audio of flies around the shed and the dog freaking out are context clues for decomposition.

Last edited:
I think the dude was alive. His eyes were open and he was tied up. No need to tie up a dead man. Or bring him water

I think the dude was alive. His eyes were open and he was tied up. No need to tie up a dead man. Or bring him water

I rewatched the scene and you are right, his eyes are open. To me all the context stuff points to him being dead, but whatever. I didn't think it too weird that the crazy killer who speaks with two separate accents and makes flowers with his sister might be talking/bringing water to a dead guy.

Love that the Nihilist realized that something lasts (his daughter's love) forever.

So how were the police able to find Rust/Marty, since they weren't able to call?

My guess is there was a phone and the old sister gave it up after Hart gave her flowers

Was that first scene punishment for all of us for enjoying the fine ass women on this show up until then?

TjEDI7J.jpg

Can I help you w/ the sentient meat?

The cinematography for this show was phenomenal. Some of the pull back, expansive shots last night REALLY conveyed how isolated they were.

Dinklage tweeted that TD was an Emmy Contender, he's right. Will be interesting to see if TD can sweep, the issue might be that Woody and MM get nominations and split the vote.

I would think TD would win best series, but tripe like the Practice wins typically.

Back